Biomass burners

Jcarbor

IMG_2543.jpg
This is mine, its a log burner with a 4000 litre accumulator tank, its heats my farm house,barn and new build rent, its a great way of getting rid of wood waste, i used to pile all of the wood up in summer and burn it , probably 100 tonnes each year. Your place looks great.

Logs/wood  
I should add that although I missed out on any subsidies to help cover the 24.5 k installation cost, the last 6 years has seen my oil bill reduce by between 3 and 4 thousand pounds annually.
So even without the subsidy it still works faultlessly, and has just about paid for itself by saving on oil.
I have also recently put multiple immersions in the accumulator which means that if it’s windy the turbine can help maintain the tanks temperature if it’s already sitting at 70 C. It’s also satisfying playing around with the two resources to effectively keep a large house warm while generating a bit of income.IMG_2162.thumb.jpg.6c7efbfa8f98615362d17e72ead1e13a.jpg

A beautiful place, we’re about are you? How did the ab&b go?

I was led to believe that rhi applications had been stopped? 

It has in Ireland, also fucked up the government due to greedy Irish buggers drying out wet waste so it weighed less for end disposal, or burning biomass to heat their fields! Its in their breeding .

1 hour ago, Taff855 said:

I was led to believe that rhi applications had been stopped? 

The RHI application was approved but not taken up by me about 18 months ago. Don’t know if the rate has dropped since then, but I didn’t think it was worth the hassle of claiming at that time.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jcarbor said:

IMG_2543.jpg
This is mine, its a log burner with a 4000 litre accumulator tank, its heats my farm house,barn and new build rent, its a great way of getting rid of wood waste, i used to pile all of the wood up in summer and burn it , probably 100 tonnes each year. Your place looks great.

Here’s ours. 60 kW. 4000 litre tank. Just heats our house. One burn every three days during summer and once a day during the winter. Probably uses about 35 tonnes annually.

we are in Moray, NE Scotland 

3C4A251E-B0C1-4BA1-BB56-4BB5C26F0348.jpeg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jcarbor said:

A beautiful place, we’re about are you? How did the ab&b go?

Thanks. It’s a lot of work to maintain. AIRBNB is great as you can do it when you want. We both work so that was the main limiting factor. Also it’s easier to just let out one room and en suite. Otherwise it would be easy enough to make it a business and let out three rooms but we preferred to keep it under the tax free limit of £7500/ pa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jcarbor said:

It has in Ireland, also fucked up the government due to greedy Irish buggers drying out wet waste so it weighed less for end disposal, or burning biomass to heat their fields! Its in their breeding .

Might I comment that despite our DUP/RHI fiasco(to be ever-so polite),

the English were just as bad, if not a lot worse, since there were so many more of them(i.e. fradualent applications)

per an ear-popping  programme on Radio 4, at first I thought it must be about NI, but no!,

Turned out there was even more prepostrous unchecked financial skullduggery afoot in the Yorkshire Dales etc etc etc.

Marcus

• Like 3

Here’s ours. 60 kW. 4000 litre tank. Just heats our house. One burn every three days during summer and once a day during the winter. Probably uses about 35 tonnes annually.
we are in Moray, NE Scotland 
3C4A251E-B0C1-4BA1-BB56-4BB5C26F0348.thumb.jpeg.89b6be5ec67b16e1f35fced2af5f39d3.jpeg

Nice, very similar to ours, easy in the summer but ours burns continually in the winter, not a bad thing though as we are swimming in wood that was becoming a real issue.

48428054_203515023928012_8695397870435565568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1.xx&oh=ada51d39e82f2340cd0b07cef93d659f&oe=5C92E915

We've just had this fitted, in the utility room. Still learning all the modes and programs, much too smart for me.

Its a normal sized 4 bed house, thankfully with a decent utility room. otherwise you really need an outbuilding.

What was your buy and installation cost on the boiler for your 4 bed if ya dont mind me asking? Whats it costing you to run?