Definately not a qualified Arborist... hahahaha

Harrison2604

Thing is the cost of all the machinery, insurance, risk and the hard graft etc that we put in, we should be able to charge a damn site more!

What I should/would want to charge is a lot different than what I can charge.

Although I could just be rubbish at what I do, be really inefficient and run a poor team.

Hmm could possibllywell be that:001_smile:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the summer I took down a large pine and had it down in the day. When the woman paid me £750 she said i was the cheapest the other quotes were £800, 850 and 1500+vat and all the companies that quoted were local an reputable.

And im sure your work and the way you run your team is too a high standard.:thumbup:

It was good to see some crooks at work. I don't care how long the old fart has "been at it" -doing poor quality work, so he has no ground to stand on. I can't get over how much I see ladders go up the tree over there. -Paves the way for less experienced to access the crown.. -with rental gear, such as those fall arrest not being used properly. Poor handling of the saw, what else can we see here... no safety equipment, eye, head, ear, chaps. There is no defense for this rubbish.

I have no tolerance for this kind of operation. In fact, I am working with our municipality to create a way to penalize poor tree care practices like this. These kind of jerks are competing with the good ones out there.

Anyway, he would have removed the entire tree if he was allowed to, or if the customer would have said ok. I bet the outcome was a topped out tree... just leave it to those old timers... they will top out anything, because its all they know. It angers me to see this kind of practice if you want to even call it that.

ACUF

But what about the letter he served the woman comdemming the tree, that was out of order!

yeah i forgot about that part........

and i wasnt saying what he did was right either.....i just felt that compared to some of the cases they have on that program he wasnt that bad a fella....

i believe in the same episode they had that dodgy aerial guy? now he was a rogue in a while 'nother league

i believe in the same episode they had that dodgy aerial guy? now he was a rogue in a while 'nother league

Yeah he was a right nasty bugger!:thumbdown:

The 'tree' lads were definitely a lot less aggressive and nasty when compared to most other people you see on those programs.

But what about the letter he served the woman comdemming the tree, that was out of order!

In the end didnt they all have a chat and the younger one said he would look in to getting more training?

Yeah It depends on the size of your business and over heads. I often charge 350 a day for a 2 man team..but my over heads are low.

• 1 month later...

What anoyed me more about this production was the fact that it was posted by the arb assosiation to contracters to watch it, but no tips as far as I remember to jo public in how to weed out cowboys through a self publicaty anouncment for example! People wont know what to look for if not educated a bit. Its not as if the AA don,t get enough £ out of contractors to keep their tag!

Yeah I know all they had to do was dead wood and remove the storm damage and yep £450 would be fine and id be happy with that but Pinder said 3 man team for a day at £450 now obviously that work aint going to take a day and you aint gonna get a three man gang for a day for £450 more like £750-900 depanding if you charge vat.

lol, thats it tell the rouges they should be charging double!:biggrin: