Micro pulley or zigzag?

forestboy1978

Not the biggest fan eh.[emoji4]

Fair enough but what can be done though?
Nothingcan be done about cost, I doubt anyone wants to work for nothing, I didn't think the test was actually that expensive?

I think they at least prove someone has gotten off their arse to and at least tried.

The employer thing, well they will always be about no matter what so all the blame is on them and the employee.

More training, more enforcement(if possible) and therefore more consequences due to lack of staff training would cost a massive amount of money which I doubt none of us would want to pay for.

I suppose you could scrap the entire thing but that could never happen.

I had a reply penned and then I realised I can’t be arsed. They’re just shit. All the best.

So  basically double rope technique sucks in many practical way and in speed of rescue. 

However you look at it, if I'm not in the tree with him, I'm farting around with a big shot or double roping up to him to hook up and secure and lower down... 

I'm pretty calm when the shit hits the fan but throwing a rope up a damn tree to then double roping up the tree why a guy is bleeding out does not seem acceptable to me. Surely a fixed secondary line is the way to go with single rope technique apparatus fixed to your harness?
Its good that your thinking about aerial rescue because it should always be on your mind that you might have to do a rescue today. I climb ddrt(double rope) always, be it on a zigzag, spiderjack, blakes or prusik, its all down to preferences and doesn't matter which you pick, if you need to rescue you need to be comfortable with what your climbing on. Where i work we set an aerial rescue line in the tree at all times, and the main climber will set it in suitable place where it is not in the way an will not get damaged by the works going on, its good to keep aerial rescue fresh and practiced every so often so that your not stumped and useless when the real situation occurs, stay safe man[emoji106]
  • Like 2