a question to all you dads or sons out there

Stephen Blair

Stevie, you did all that typing saying that you did this with the boy, and that with the boy, and we do this and we do that - but you still seem to be missing the point.

It was all done with YOU!

You are what matters to your son - the 'activity' is only details.

Bank all of this time - you'll never get the same chance again.

And stop that bloody worrying!:sneaky2:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie, you did all that typing saying that you did this with the boy, and that with the boy, and we do this and we do that - but you still seem to be missing the point.

Well said that man :001_smile:

exactly, most dads dont do that, we live in a world of lazy parents.

you dont sound like one.

you sound like you have an active conscience, becuase your thinking about it tho. which is very healthy...

Put it like this stevie anything you do with him that he enjoys(as said before he'll soon tell you if he doesn't enjoy)he will remember for the rest of his life and do the same with his kids.I know i do.Our 2 girls love climbing trees(with rope an harness of course!)and used to come with me in the harvester/forwarder at that age,even pressing the saw button for felling and cross cutting!It's good that you manage to find time to spend with him whilst running your own business,it's difficult for me but then ours are older now and starting to do they're own thing.I do like snorkeling though!:001_smile:

What you do with your kids is your matter. You worry too much! My children grew up knowing they can do and play no matter what. If dad's away they still knew he loved them. As you have said on many occasions, life is too short, enjoy every moment with your children but don't spoil it by worrying about what if's........... does that make sense?

THANKS GUYS:thumbup1:. you dont know how re assuring all you kind words are, i am a bit of a worrier with some things, trees are easy to me and probably to most of you guys too. My boys are my world(and the wife lol)i just want to do it right, you guys will know what i mean. I even worry that wee stew never got a chance to go for a run in the mog with me, so i better get saving again so he can get that chance in the future:thumbup:

THANKS GUYS:thumbup1:. you dont know how re assuring all you kind words are, i am a bit of a worrier with some things, trees are easy to me and probably to most of you guys too. My boys are my world(and the wife lol)i just want to do it right, you guys will know what i mean. I even worry that wee stew never got a chance to go for a run in the mog with me, so i better get saving again so he can get that chance in the future:thumbup:

swb,let the lad do his own thing in his own time & be who he is & what he is ,let him make his own roads , & he will do just fine :thumbup1:

I am coming from the other side of the point being 20 years old in november just gone and not having kids myself. I was a boy who was taken to football practice and hated, golf which i disliked simply because it seemed pointless (with my mum now shouting over my shoulde saying it was what i wanted we shall agree to disagree i think). Motorsport from an early age simply because it seemed dangerous and fast which was great in my eyes. And of course thomas the tank engine which i loved unitl i was about 10 (strange i know but still i'll continue)

All i wanted at my young age was a JCB in my back garden to tear the place apart! and it never came, luckily i had an aunty and uncle with horses, tractors and a milk float as he was a milkman which then made my weekends complete as i got older. this is where i found my love of things that go extremly fast, anything dangerous and the great outdoor along with my dad doing vintage car hill climbs from a young age as well.

Now turning 20 in november it was the first time that me and my dad went out together in his vintage car to the VSCC lakeland hill climb with me driving for the first time! And i have to say i couldnt have had a better up bringing if they tried! what ever you do your son will thankyou as long as he is happy and you are happy then its a recipe for great things!:thumbup:

can i just ask if you were doing a boring job today and had too much thinking time?

if im doing something like hedge cutting, i start worring about what kind of dad im am + all the other troubles in the world!!

after reading all these nice well wishers to you, i had to go and check the kids hadnt kicked their duvets off!

kids eh? break your heart!