Tonight tree cutting machines on TV

White Noise

That buster seemed like the wrong tool for the job to me.

As the only thing that needed to get in was large steel tracked diggers a harvester would have been quicker. It could have cut a path wide enough to get the digger in & also enough space at the side to lay / stack the trees even with all the branches on but they could have used one that snedded & cut to length as well. Not only quicker but would have had a product to sell to of set the cost. If the stumps were a big problem then the brash would could have been laid on the track way.

As to the super experianced helo pilot, well as soon as I saw the first shot with the cable length I said he should half that or he will have to much swing.

i thought the same about the slash buster when it came to it getting to the other side of the county or whatever it was slow whereas a truck with five or six blokes with chainsaws could have been over and made a reasonable start on the job and like was said in an earlier post, they were just creating access for tracked machine so they could have laid a brashmat in effect. Anybody else spot the slightly stupid thing to do in the slashbuster bit?

Those cranes belonging to mammoet were just insane; big meccano set:thumbup: