next chainsaw?

slippery

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Fella,

I have both 180 and 260, 180 good light weight almost throw away saw at around £200, use it for light work dressing up branches for chipper or small felling logging ect, do find it a little under powered and has not the quality of parts as 260 etc wich is a craecking saw.

I am loking at the moment I am looking at the ms200 or is 220 now with a back handle, all us tree climbers know how good out ms 200 is power to weight and build quality so even through they are a bit lumpy on the price think they would last years with what you are doing.

Any of you guys out there hace one with a back handle as i think they would be a cracking ground saw up to 16inch bar!!!!

Cheers

Keven

Hi Fella,

I have both 180 and 260, 180 good light weight almost throw away saw at around £200, use it for light work dressing up branches for chipper or small felling logging ect, do find it a little under powered and has not the quality of parts as 260 etc wich is a craecking saw.

I am loking at the moment I am looking at the ms200 or is 220 now with a back handle, all us tree climbers know how good out ms 200 is power to weight and build quality so even through they are a bit lumpy on the price think they would last years with what you are doing.

Any of you guys out there hace one with a back handle as i think they would be a cracking ground saw up to 16inch bar!!!!

Cheers

Keven

Unfortunately the ms200 is no longer available, I'm sure the parts still are, so you could convert your own, but that would work out even dearer.

Just out of interest, had you bought saws off HB before, over the counter, or was it your first saw off them?:001_smile:

Hi Tommer I have brought a saw off them before so they were able to send it to me . If you are a first time buyer of a Stihl chainsaw with a dealer then you would need to collect it in person from them for the first one then after that they can deliver them out to you .

Even if you have not had a one before still ring round a get the different prices from all the usual dealers as if you are going to your local dealer in person then you can ask them to price match with the other dealer there is a high chance they will price match or go close to it.

All the best

Littletree:biggrin: