One last reduction before I hang my harness up

Steve Bullman

3 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Hope you have great success in your new venture, Steve.
I’m only doing a couple of climbs a month now. I’ve handed the running of our tree business on to the landscaping dept at Betel.
I’ll be concentrating on PR and fundraising for our charity. One of my last climbs was an oak dismantle filmed by the BBC for songs of praise (makes a change from crimewatch and rogue traders) featuring my story, some tree work and some stuff about Betel and the work we do with recovering addicts.

Do you know when that will get aired Ti?

• Like 1

Disliked every minute of it!  That’s 21 years of climbing wrapped up for me(hopefully)
[emoji16]
5D416111-492E-4417-AD24-DC040EC0AE6B.thumb.jpeg.fd5c11b66266e9b0eb713f2ebdeca79e.jpeg
2C6FB35C-A45D-4030-9E29-F37FA16D843C.thumb.jpeg.03eff56369ba4eccc66ec900a0e91c5f.jpeg
2614117A-5723-423C-A86D-9BABCB65455E.thumb.jpeg.c580533e4526a81792d89bcfa18ecd97.jpeg
30AC4CE7-595D-4966-BAB0-1CE3DC57D8C9.thumb.png.9f175ddd0e55e2ef84db75e9c4d72029.png

Ever thought of doing the LOLER course, Steve? Would be another good string to your bow. Well paid and very low overheads. You’d have no problem getting clients either.

Couldn't imagine anything more tedious that going over endless karabiners to be honest!!

It’s not my favourite Arb job for sure but it helps pay bills and although it isn’t constant (thankfully) it pays more than climbing. .

• 1 month later...

Just catching up on some reading. 20 + years, you've had a good innings Steve. Wishing you all the best. 

In hindsight, is there anything you would do differenty if you could reset and start over ?

Along the same lines, now that you're a retired, veteran climber....what advice you give to those just starting out hoping for a long term career as a tree climber ? Thanks

Edited by RC0
  • Like 1