My splicing attempts

old snake

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tasty looking splices :D

What is the deal with performing a class 1 double braid splice on the beeline. Seems fairly well accepted as strong enough on the AP. Has anyone done any break tests on the beeline with a class 1?

• 1 month later...

Sorry mods if i've done the wrong thing resurrecting this thread. Let me know if i have and i'll start another.

Had a bash at splicing myself this week for the first time , went well even though it is was a steep learning curve and i now only wash up using Fairy.

My first splice was with a old piece of XTC magma ice , i managed it but it was a horrible looking thing with a lot of mistakes. You ain't seeing it , i'd be a laughing stock :001_tt2:

Splice two was with the same rope , much better but me the crossover nearly killed me (samson 11"), i got it through with out any tecnique and pure brute force , a very rookie error quickly learned.

At this point i decided i needed some new rope to practise on , i bought some XTC scorch after speaking to Hadleigh (old snake) and learned alot more splicing that. I've since done another 3 splices and each one has been better than the last imho (Especially my fifth attempt as the crossover taper is smooth , splices 3 & 4 not so much). After lots of reading online i've even seemed to learned a good tecnique for the crossovers with very little effort. Result !

IMGP0620.jpg

I've just bought some Yale Silverstreak (its cheap) to try to and want to have a bash at 8mm Sirius to as i'd love to make some e2e's etc.

Double braid looks like it will take a bit of getting my head around ??? :confused1:

Jim :thumbup:

Edited by John Shutler
language