My splicing attempts

old snake

I thought about putting as many big zip tie off cuts as I could fit in the eye but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks High scale, I will try putting the whipping further down.

i inserted 5mm wire into the large eye on my rope guide and its working lovely, this is one of my first, ill get a photo of the one im climbing on at the moment which has probably had 6months use

IMG00456-20100731-1626.jpg.58ecd5039966b95bb3f378ec988aa8a8.jpg

Nice work guys:thumbup1:.

Phenom_ To keep my eye open so the cocoon will retreive i insert some 5mm wire. Works a treat,ive yet to get it stuck and trust me ive tried!!

Craig D_ Nice work mate. Have you thought about removing the core altogether when making your ropeguide and using the outer sheath as the new core? Then you can splice the retreival shackle on there too. What did you use to keep the eye open?

I'll get some more pics of my work up soon as my laptops died:sneaky2:

Nice work guys:thumbup1:.

Craig D_ Nice work mate. Have you thought about removing the core altogether when making your ropeguide and using the outer sheath as the new core? Then you can splice the retreival shackle on there too. What did you use to keep the eye open?

I'll get some more pics of my work up soon as my laptops died:sneaky2:

Thanks :biggrin: I used 5mm wire to keep the eye open, i inserted it once i had finished the splice but it slips out now and again.. any idea's? That's a good idea about using the cover as the core, does that mean that you only taper were the 2 cores meet at the crossover or is there a ''hollow'' space in the middle section of rope?

Also do you use class 1 double braid splice for armor prus.. is it safe to climb on if used?

p.s bugger about your laptop :sneaky2:

Edited by CraigD

Thanks :biggrin: I used 5mm wire to keep the eye open, i inserted it once i had finished the splice but it slips out now and again.. any idea's? That's a good idea about using the cover as the core, does that mean that you only taper were the 2 cores meet at the crossover or is there a ''hollow'' space in the middle section of rope?

Also do you use class 1 double braid splice for armor prus.. is it safe to climb on if used?

p.s bugger about your laptop :sneaky2:

What length of wire do you insert mate? I insert mine before I do the bury. If my loops gonna be 30cm then I'll use a length of wire slightly longer and include it into the bury. Hope that makes sense?

When it comes to the cross over in the rope guide it's just the same as normal except you've replaced the core with the sheath. You basically do your first splice as normal and then Mark the rope back up the other end and splice that end. Hole that makes sense too!!?? Haha

What length of wire do you insert mate? I insert mine before I do the bury. If my loops gonna be 30cm then I'll use a length of wire slightly longer and include it into the bury. Hope that makes sense?

When it comes to the cross over in the rope guide it's just the same as normal except you've replaced the core with the sheath. You basically do your first splice as normal and then Mark the rope back up the other end and splice that end. Hole that makes sense too!!?? Haha

Ahh thats where I went wrong.. I used same length wire as the size of my eye, I also inserted after the bury. Yeap that makes sense about the rope guide.. Ill give it a go! Thanks for the tips :thumbup: Ill post some picks when Ive done it

cheers mate!:001_cool:

did another AP e2e last night :)

AP_2.2.jpg.b6144130169c85bc33245e31601404f4.jpg