My splicing attempts

old snake

When I do it, the first eye should go straight in. When you come to do the second you want to do the bury in 2 stages. Then you can pull on the first core to bunch up the cover and make a bit more room to fit the cross over through. If anchor from your first eye and then get something to yank on and a sturdy fid you should be laughing mate. Give me a bell if you need a hand

Definitely haven't caught a strand as the fid went threw with ease, I'll get a piccy up as soon as I can,I only have about 2 inches to go before it exits, I guess its struggling to come out the hole, rich do you mean taper the end your pulling threw with the fid on the cross over?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

It's possible that the fid has pushed through a strand of the core this will cause the cover to stick, if you can pull it back out and re- insert the cover it should make things easier, I slightly bend the very tip of the fid so then you can feel the tip run against the inside of the cover, also, have you tried pulling the core at the same time as pulling the cover/fid through? This will greatly help get things moving.

Little help with hollow braid! Please lads

When making an eye to eye hitch how long should I have my bury? Obviously I can't do it to short, but at the same time I don't want it to long for it to clump up the hitch?

Is there a set safety size?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Here's lastnights attempt at a pulley saver, everything went sweet as a nut until the cross over, it got stuck about 3 quarters of the way threw so I gave up and decided have a go again today. After lots of tugging eventually the fid popped out so I shouted YES as loud as I can followed by F*%#. Picture will show what's happened,now I have got to start again! I think this New England hi-vee is tough to splice.u5ane5yh.jpg