My splicing attempts

old snake

It wasn't a criticism mate, I thought that would be what you had LOL. I have had a bit a trouble with the 16 strand recently. Snapped 2 fids but eventually pulled through.

I made a couple of spider legs outta tenex. A lot easier to splice. Nice work all the same mate.

• 1 month later...

hope its cool to stick this in this thread but im just learning and getting used to splicing and this is my first project. im happy with it but i know shes not perfect, il move the whipping on the ap nearer the throat next time as advised by dak but all in im happy. love finally making my own stuff!

all advice and criticism welcome, cheers! :001_smile:

SAM_2358.jpg.494cdfab5d5923159e956c0a901530ce.jpg

hope its cool to stick this in this thread but im just learning and getting used to splicing and this is my first project. im happy with it but i know shes not perfect, il move the whipping on the ap nearer the throat next time as advised by dak but all in im happy. love finally making my own stuff!

all advice and criticism welcome, cheers! :001_smile:

Of course it is mate,the more the merrier.

Nice work bud how'd you find splicing the OP?

Have you got another small cambium ring spliced in the other end o the OP or just a stopper knot?

Keep up the good work.

Of course it is mate,the more the merrier.

Nice work bud how'd you find splicing the OP?

Have you got another small cambium ring spliced in the other end o the OP or just a stopper knot?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks mate! The op was a funny one, the first one i did i rushed and was not happy with it at all, i had to fight it every step and the eye ended up quite baggy so i cut it off and did another one and it came together lovely, the final bury was the easiest i've done so far. I havnt done the other end yet but i'm thinking of just splicing a stopper in there like the end of a ropeguide but a stopper will do for now. theres just not enough time and skin on my hands to make all the things i want to!