CS30/31

Morphmel

Just listen to the instructor,ask questions if your unsure,watch,learn and enjoy it.Dont rush your cuts,dont walk under a hung up tree,have your visor down when using the saw(amazing how many guys dont do that)

Its not a difficult course,i always find the health and safety stuff monotinous as you get the same gumf on every course.

Good luck bud

Edited by stihlmadasever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Morphmel said:

Hi guys. I'm starting my CS30/31 tomorrow, any advice from the experienced? 

Thanks

Mel

Take your time. I'm assuming you've done all the training and practice? In that case, you will be fine. Primarily, your assessor is looking to see if you're safe. So get that right and you'll be well on the way to passing. I found it helped to talk out loud everything you were thinking about in your head, it shows you're effecting a thought process behind your felling and also helps to avoid missing anything. try and be as logical in everything as you can, whether it's risk assessments, emergency action plans, saw safety features, etc. 

They're looking to pass you, not to fail you, so take as much time as you need and show them what you've got. Better to be slow, safe and accurate than try and show overconfidence and get done for not putting your visor down!

let us know how you do

• Like 1

Er...

just realised you were talking about starting the training, not the assessment, right?

Oops. well in that case. listen to your instructor, he'll give you all the advice you need. You will probably make mistakes, but that's fine, just learn from them. It's a lot to learn, but it's not hard to learn and it really does all make sense. A healthy mix of common sense, logic and gravity will get you through  fine! 

Oh and enjoy it, 

• Like 1