Best Laptops?

David Humphries

Wife says divorce will be a stroll along the beech, if I don't ditch the constantly humming tower Pc & exchange for an afordable, watchable moderatly all singing all dancing Lap top.

So........please help save my marriage, and if you can, offer me some insight into what is out there worth exchanging my hard earned sheckles for.

Much obliged.

David

I've had mac books for years.....not a single breakdown....not a single virus. Apple for me all the way. The one i'm using now was a refurb. Brand new it was with one replaced faulty part. In 3 years not a single problem and it was £300 off list price. Go to apple refurb on the net and see what they got. Even a secondhand one where a computer bod has traded up will be worth it. If you shop around you'll get a deal i'm sure.

They are so user friendly too. can still run windows etc.

Ive got a Samsung NC10, its more of a notebook than laptop, been a great lil machine, you need something more substantial. It defo pays to shop around, id happily recommend amazon or ebuyer as opposed to your argos or currys etc. some good buys to be had.

If you put up some mininum specs / price etc, i'd find you one. :thumbup1:

Laptops | Computers | Monitors | Desktop PCs - Ebuyer

Amazon.co.uk: laptop

Dan

got a mac now, spot on machine for everything you need and more,

used to have sony viao which i have now given to the kids for them to do their homework etc on (think its mainly that b*&^%y face book thing)

never had a virus, computer crash etc with mac, happening all the time with sony.

mac runs mac AND windows where as from what i can gather most others will only run windows.

best advice is speak to some geeky 16year old computer wizz

I'd definitely recommend the MacBook, I use both pcs and macs and there is just no comparison.....Macs are so user friendly and they never let you down. They're also the best choice for graphics and iPhoto enables you to organise your snap shots effortlessly. (They may be more expensive than their rivals, but then a Porsche is more expensive than a Ford).

If it doesn't have to be a laptop, the iMac is also worth considering.

imo macs are quite simply the best :001_smile: (Mind you, it might be so good that your wife might want to nick it, there ensuing another problemo :ohmy:)

Shop Mac - Apple Store (U.K.)

Here's a couple of web companies I've used in the past for mac purchases:

http://www.cancomuk.com/

http://www.jigsaw24.com/Default.aspx

but Apple online store is also fine and dandy

Edited by Yve_Clark