Another 40 year old just starting

forestboy1978

5 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Maybe I am missing something mate...  but I think some people are trying to help you and offer constructive advice and you respond by calling someone a cock sucker?

Is it an in joke, or what?

Grow up. It's a joke. Photos aren't coming, as I previously stated, I had to do 4 hours driving and my website and emails all went down and I had to abort the day to start fresh on Monday. 

I'm 99.8% certain Mick doesn't like sucking cock. And if he did, I wouldn't care a damn. 

Honestly.... have some fun in your life man....

How about get to fuck mate and grow up yourself...?

That is my point exactly.  I ask a question and you resort to childish insults.

I honestly couldn't care about your pictures and emails.  Do the job and get on with it, take pictures if you want.  Expect a bit of banter, this isn't a job for the faint hearted that's for sure.

Arrogance has to be earnt.  You may be the 'Don' at fencing or gate hanging or whatever you have done in the past.  This is a new job/trade.  Learnt it.  Buying 200 quids worth of kit might make it easier on the body but it won't turn you into a superstar over night.

Give a good climber a piece of rope and they should be able to get the job done.

Best of luck to you, including all your dramas.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Do you think I'm taking on too much for a nonvice climber?

I mean im not gonna quit. But could have done with some easy take downs for a while.

Was gonna get help but he le me down so I figured it'd see what I'm made of. Achy tendons and muscless evidently lol

Hey Forestboy,
Do you work alone or in a team?
What's your idea to take the oaks down?
Free fall or rigged?
What chipper are you using?
What's the access/drag like?
How long will it take you to finish the job?
If I remember correctly, you only passed your 30,31,38,39 recently.
Have you worked with other tree surgeons before?
Or did you just spend 50k on courses and kit, then opened up a tree surgery business?

30 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Hey Forestboy,
Do you work alone or in a team?
What's your idea to take the oaks down?
Free fall or rigged?
What chipper are you using?
What's the access/drag like?
How long will it take you to finish the job?
If I remember correctly, you only passed your 30,31,38,39 recently.
Have you worked with other tree surgeons before?
Or did you just spend 50k on courses and kit, then opened up a tree surgery business?

Hi Rough Hewn

I work in a team

They aren't taking down. They are being reduced to prior pruning points or there abouts. Neighbours have no light. 

Free fall for 90% some can be rigged but only light stuff to avoid fence lines

Jo Beau M500 120mm - It's great

Access is great - Cut out a fence panel - I'm a fencer ?

Me - 3 days - I'm not organised, I'm not familiar, I'm having to re learn basic stuff I forgot, I am having to quadruple check knots

Yeah I passed all but rigging and dismantling and large fell

Yes I have worked with other tree surgeons before and frankly 2 of them I was better. I can climb like a monkey, just don't know ropes and pulleys and all the jargon

I spent 50k on kit for my Fencing and now "Tree" business and also I wanted to treat my dad cos he is very unwell and needs his house refurbished.

Hi Rough Hewn

I work in a team
They aren't taking down. They are being reduced to prior pruning points or there abouts. Neighbours have no light. 
Free fall for 90% some can be rigged but only light stuff to avoid fence lines
Jo Beau M500 120mm - It's great
Access is great - Cut out a fence panel - I'm a fencer [emoji6]
Me - 3 days - I'm not organised, I'm not familiar, I'm having to re learn basic stuff I forgot, I am having to quadruple check knots
Yeah I passed all but rigging and dismantling and large fell
Yes I have worked with other tree surgeons before and frankly 2 of them I was better. I can climb like a monkey, just don't know ropes and pulleys and all the jargon
I spent 50k on kit for my Fencing and now "Tree" business and also I wanted to treat my dad cos he is very unwell and needs his house refurbished.

Crack on matey.
Just go safe and slow.
Good luck
[emoji106]
  • Like 1