BANAMAN Videos (Sheffield Trees)

BANAMAN

2 hours ago, Marula said:

Brave man stepping into this den. I think you'll find the majority of people here look at it as "I cut it, I get paid".

I'd like to add it's not down to the company doing the work, the problem lies with the council. If the company in the video didn't take the contract another company would have.

I totally agree with what you say about any company taking the contract, I am not sure what you mean by the bit you say "I cut it, I get paid" If that is a reference to myself, I don't mind stating for public record, nobody pays me to make these videos, I make them as a public record of events as and when they happen. If anybody has any relevant questions to anything seen in any of the videos, I do not mind answering them if they are reasonable.

Actually , if it is the  ' I cut it - I get paid' view , I recall my boss having to race to the Magistrates to answer charges after we were put on a job to clear trees in a conservation area ( I was personally unaware of ) an phoning me to make sure the last fell had been done - just as the TO was driving down the road with a Stop Works order ( He was actually realy nice about it ! )

So I never want to be in that situation where yr work is being questioned or yr breaching legal positions just so you can make a buck , or yr boss is yelling  ' ....just get the f'@@ ing tree down !' in yr ear . K

This is not a "if I don't do it somebody else will" scenario - even if that was ever going to be an acceptable defence.

Acorn Environmental Management Group Ltd is a company with some fairly bold claims on their website, the 2007 winner of the Horticulture Week landscape & amenity award (can't see that happening again anytime soon), a company with £1.275m net assets listed on the accounts to end February 2017 , a company probably making a lot of money from a contract which completely lacks credible arboricultural analysis of the justification....

Keep the videos coming!  Keep the protests in the public domain, keep the profile in the media - that's what politicians will come to realise their jobs are dependant upon and, hopefully, maybe slowly, they will start to ask the right questions of the right people and finally start to SERVE the people.

Come the day of the revolution Comrade!

PS - hit them up, see if you can link your vids to their 'latest news' tab on their website...  It seems to lack any mention of Sheffield operations??

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arctostaphylos uva-ursi said:

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick there, he was making reference to the contractors cutting the trees not your videos.

I think if you were seen to be impartial in your films and gave a more balanced coverage of the issues, then people would be more willing to answer your questions here.

I wasn't sure, always best to ask :-) with reference to trying to be impartial, if you notice by video 3, the arbs and ground workers weren't talking to me and even one of them was shown a hand not to speak... then on video 4 I was minding my own business when out of the blue the arbs stopped working and decided to ask me to move my car which was not in anybodies way, the fact about the road being closed and open for access should never have come in to it... but the arbs I guess just didn't understand I was filming for my own reasons to get what is called cutaways... these are used in video to cut to when information about a certain topic is being referred to. As the video goes on to show, I was concerned about them asking me why I should move my car... I ended up posting the video including may voice in it because that was what it was and that was how it unfolded...! Yes the arbs and myself got off to a bead start but if that shows me to be biased, then thats the way it will have to be until somebody decides to speak up for the arbs or even the arbs themselves... Fiat least you can see from other videos that I try and get peoples points of views across, but the arbs have already been advised not to speak to me from a very early start and I will always leave my door open for any arb to have their say... I have heard from arbs off camera that they have had to put up with bad language and snide remarks and in recent weeks allegations of a car trying to run an art down, but unfortunately I can't state this for them, they will have to speak it themselves as I was not their when these allegations took place... So for now, looks like I will have to accept that arbs don't want to talk and until that changes, I am going to have to look biased...! I even got one are stating to me on camera that he thought I was going to attack him...! I included that statement of the arbs in a video upload because I do not know where on earth he got that opinion from and if he wants to say that to me on camera knowing full well I am recording what he says, this just shows me what I am dealing with and as for as I am concerned I am uploading a public record of events from which this happened in public...! At the end of the day, all I can say is this... if no arbs want to speak to me on the record, then I can not look any other way but biased and I am the kind of person who holds no grudges and will just carry on regardless...! I say all of this with love and understanding for all fellow human beings as we are all equal and are all responsible for our own actions whether they are good or bad :-)

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

Actually , if it is the  ' I cut it - I get paid' view , I recall my boss having to race to the Magistrates to answer charges after we were put on a job to clear trees in a conservation area ( I was personally unaware of ) an phoning me to make sure the last fell had been done - just as the TO was driving down the road with a Stop Works order ( He was actually realy nice about it ! )

So I never want to be in that situation where yr work is being questioned or yr breaching legal positions just so you can make a buck , or yr boss is yelling  ' ....just get the f'@@ ing tree down !' in yr ear . K

I don't agree with any boss who just yells at anyone to just get the tree down, and I know exactly what you mean. I say to the bosses who are like that, get your self out on the frontline and see what it is for the pressures and frustrations you are putting your employee's under...

15 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

This is not a "if I don't do it somebody else will" scenario - even if that was ever going to be an acceptable defence.

Acorn Environmental Management Group Ltd is a company with some fairly bold claims on their website, the 2007 winner of the Horticulture Week landscape & amenity award (can't see that happening again anytime soon), a company with £1.275m net assets listed on the accounts to end February 2017 , a company probably making a lot of money from a contract which completely lacks credible arboricultural analysis of the justification....

Keep the videos coming!  Keep the protests in the public domain, keep the profile in the media - that's what politicians will come to realise their jobs are dependant upon and, hopefully, maybe slowly, they will start to ask the right questions of the right people and finally start to SERVE the people.

PS - hit them up, see if you can link your vids to their 'latest news' tab on their website...  It seems to lack any mention of Sheffield operations??

Your passion for what you believe in is exactly what I want to record because it is those heart felt passions that make a difference... I am also interested in arbs heart felt passions and when they feel the need to express themselves, I am always an option who will give an equal amount of time towards for their own cause, because this is what my idea of being neutral is all about... However, I am not responsible for individual arbs accounts in their actions, everybody is accountable for their own and for all arbs who do not believe me, I will just have to settle for the hope that you can see past the problems that some arbs may have brought upon themselves and I do believe there are arbs out there who do and who will speak their mind one day in order to stand up for what they passionately believe in as well... One day, everybody will unite and then power will be restored...!

21 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Taken a bash to the head Mr Johnson?

There is a lot of perfectly sound legislation for tree and habitat protection in the UK , the shame of it- is it is poorly implemented or missunderstood , development sites , woodland and highways / street trees , frankly , I will Not remove trees of value without a justification , and the longer I have been in the job , the more I will demand that . K

• Like 1