550xp in the workshop

billpierce

if it don't start  and has had a small amout of fuel put into the cylinder via carb or into the plug hole and the fuel is encouraged to get into the crank.this way you know there's fuel air and you just need some compression and a spark. It should fire after 3 or 4 pulls.

then I would swap the plug for a known working plug, preferably a hot one. (Like spud says).

Plugs can change from sparking to nonsparking under compression, 

if it don't fireup then your left with compression. A tester could tell you what you have, but if you don't have one, you just have  look in the exhust on the piston.

Then the next step can be determined from the findings above

It mostly reiterates what's already be said before

cheers

9 hours ago, billpierce said:

Haven't checked wiring harness yet. Has a good spark. Not getting wet though.

From this " not getting wet " I assume the fuel is not getting through ?  Could be a faulty fuel valve . Had one go on my T 540 . Same symptoms . Replaced ans away it went .

Just checked saw. Not good comp at all. Basically no residence at all, gunsun says 50psi. Pulled exhaust piston doesn't look scored but big black stains on it. Hoping it may just be a piston ring as not much in the way of meteor pistons etc. Air Filter was filthy . Apparently saw not done much work. Will vac test.....

42 minutes ago, billpierce said:

Just checked saw. Not good comp at all. Basically no residence at all, gunsun says 50psi. Pulled exhaust piston doesn't look scored but big black stains on it. Hoping it may just be a piston ring as not much in the way of meteor pistons etc. Air Filter was filthy . Apparently saw not done much work. Will vac test.....

That's the polar opposite from your initial post  " good comp , air filter clean " ! :)

That's the polar opposite from your initial post  " good comp , air filter clean " ! [emoji4]

I cleaned the filter....so wouldn't explain it not starting but may explain it having worn rings now if you see what I mean.

Yes didn't pick up on low comp in the 5 mins I looked over it first time round

Just now, billpierce said:

I cleaned the filter....so wouldn't explain it not starting but may explain it having worn rings now if you see what I mean.

Yes didn't pick up on low comp in the 5 mins I looked over it first time round

Wonder why there is no fuel getting to piston though  or maybe 50psi is not enough to pull it through ?