Jensen A141 woodchipper.

Mick Dempsey

https://www.leboncoin.fr/jardinage/1130198589.htm

So, this chipper is very near me, been sort of for sale for a couple of years now, owned by some Belgian with a huge woodland.

Tinwork looks shabby but to be expected if it’s outside in all weathers.

I looked at it a few years ago but turned it down because A: it’s massive B: it’s not got a log book so illegal to pull on French roads C: it was a lot more expensive then.

Does anyone know much about them? Are they really 3000kg? hell of a lot of chipper for the money, I could take a punt at that price.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

Well, I can move it on the sly for half a dozen jobs a year, I ran a TW and a GM over here day in day out illegally. 3 tonnes is a bit different though.

My Ranger would pull it (technically) 

It's wether it would stop it!

Looks a good machine for the money if you aren't bothered about it looking pretty. 10" capacity?

Just now, Joe Newton said:

It's wether it would stop it!

Looks a good machine for the money if you aren't bothered about it looking pretty. 10" capacity?

Good point re the stopping.

26cm or 10.3 ins 

Could machine feed it with the multione, 

I dunno, could be a waste of time, if I had the barn space I’d be keener.

I’ve been looking at the tracked Jensen 340s, can transport one legally on a trailer, few of them knocking about recently.

Looks like its on a turntable too? Just unbolt it and bolt it onto a french registered flatbed/plant trailer. Might even be able to make it so its not too much hassle to unbolt it from its new trailer and lift on/off with your multione if you need the trailer freed up.

No experience of the chipper, sorry. But if that was here thats exactly what id do at that price!

I think I've used the slightly smaller one, even that was a beast to hand feed!

13 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

That’s what I was thinking Josh, no hurry I guess, it’s been for sale for two years now!

I thought that about a cabstar tipper (super rare here) for sale for nearly a year until the day before I decided that yes it would be a good buy and to go get it! 

Good point re the stopping.

26cm or 10.3 ins 

Could machine feed it with the multione, 

I dunno, could be a waste of time, if I had the barn space I’d be keener.

I’ve been looking at the tracked Jensen 340s, can transport one legally on a trailer, few of them knocking about recently.

Haven't you got an st8? Not much increase in capacity from that, plus the forst will inevitably be much quicker.

I'd you've got an 8.5" machine the next step up would logically be 12"+