Why It’s Essential To Use Sharp Chipper Blades

5 minutes ago, Northern Arb Supplies said:

They weren't from us though, Richard :awink:

True.

I should also add that I’ve got no problem using non genuine parts certainly for things that are not life dependent. 

What bothers me is outlandish claims made on these things such as “the worlds leading supplier”.

ive not looked at them or prices of genuine or non genuine chipper blades. But at a guess they are cheaper than original ones? If they are the worlds leading brand I’d expect to pay more for the better quality.

people will pay more for decent stuff 

39 minutes ago, Northern Arb Supplies said:

Rotatech is the leading brand for blades, Richard. We do however still offer great value and because we do all the manufacturing ourselves it allows us to be more competitive with our prices, which some suppliers don't have that advantage. We understand that not everyone will use our blades and appreciate they may not be your personal preference, but we are extremely proud of our brand and quality :001_smile:

If you are the leading brand (as you say) and your price is cheaper than everyone else’s due to in house manufacturing (as you say) why don’t Timberwolf, Jensen etc etc buy blades from yourselves and send the machines out from factory fitted with Rotatech Blades? 

After all timberwolf, Jensen etc etc don’t manufacture and supply their own engines they outsource and buy in the best to give there product the best chance of selling against other brands as well as reliability. 

Edited by WesD

What is a life time guarantee?

I think I was born with a lifetime guarantee on breathing. When I stop the guarantee expires. ( as do I)

Not digging at anyone but what is a lifetime guarantee? It works until it doesn't? It won't break into bits, until it does? I'm confused!

It means the blade is guaranteed to last my lifetime, if it wears out before I die they will replace them

If you are the leading brand (as you say) and your price is cheaper than everyone else’s due to in house manufacturing (as you say) why don’t Timberwolf, Jensen etc etc buy blades from yourselves and send the machines out from factory fitted with Rotatech Blades? 

After all timberwolf, Jensen etc etc don’t manufacture and supply their own engines they outsource and buy in the best to give there product the best chance of selling against other brands as well as reliability. 

A few hours ago it was the worlds leading brand now it’s just the leading brand.
People don’t like having the wool pulled over their eyes.
Good quality non genuine replacement blades is all it needs to be.

25 minutes ago, Northern Arb Supplies said:

Sounds like a question for the brands themselves! These brands supply their own chipper blades, and I'm sure for their own sales and margins it wouldn't be cost-efficient to spend on blades from other brands when they can manufacture them.

So how can you be the worlds leading brand if said companies manufacture their own blades the same as you do?

If you where the worlds leading brand they would still use your blades over their own as yours would surely be better than theirs?!

On your cost logic then surely it would be cheaper for said companies to manufacture their own engines would it not?

2 hours ago, Northern Arb Supplies said:

Hi Gary, our lifetime guarantee means that should you occur any issues with blades at any stage, such as them breaking, we will investigate this and offer you replacement blades free of charge.

Does that include the other damage caused by a failed knife?

3 hours ago, Northern Arb Supplies said:

Hi Gary, our lifetime guarantee means that should you occur any issues with blades at any stage, such as them breaking, we will investigate this and offer you replacement blades free of charge.

I would have thought that a knife breaking, for example, due to a fault in the manufacturing process would be covered by the Sales of Goods Act, so guaranteed or not I'd personally expect a replacement.

im really not having a go at NAS, I just dislike promotions claiming 'Lifetime Guarantees':D

BTW, we've bought and used many knives, for many machines, from you/Saturn over the years without problems.