Log theft.

geoff

Over the last few years I have made sure my aged parents have a couple ton of nice hardwood logs at all times, this year I dropped off 10 ton at least of oak/ash. the old man is 85,and still persists in sawing and splitting, I have done maybe a quarter of the splitting,he has done the rest. so nice logs all stacked undercover, well off the beaten track,not visible from public rights of way,100 yards away. some neredowell has been over there last night and took about 4 tons of it. time for a nasty surprise methinks!

Taking the mini digger over there and some long sticks.the area they have gone from has a carpet of leaves so good disguise for a little pit with ankle breaking lumps of hardcore in the bottom!

Sorry to here that Geoff, it's terrible. Esp as some one of that age has taken the time to cut and split the logs. These people need there hands cut off, if I caught them id do it with the silky:sneaky2:.

id cut them off with an 088 grrr some scanky peice of crap cant keep their hands to thier selves, id tie them upside down first then cut their hands off

With a bit of luck my now completed surprise will bring about their downfall!

Good luck. Nail the thieving scumbags. Put some sharpened sticks in the bottom of the pit smearHopefully they get gangrene in thier festing wounds!! Go the full hog mate!!! Good luck!!

Edited by John Shutler

I really hope you catch the scum... I dont have a road passing my property just a footpath from which it is impossible to see the fields yet some little scum bag spotted my post hole borer stored in the field and stole it.. they must have driven over a neighbouring farmers field to get it. Then people wonder why I get upset with dog walkers straying of footpaths enabling them to see onto my property. Make sure your parents dont try and tackle them.

I really hope you catch the scum... I dont have a road passing my property just a footpath from which it is impossible to see the fields yet some little scum bag spotted my post hole borer stored in the field and stole it.. they must have driven over a neighbouring farmers field to get it. Then people wonder why I get upset with dog walkers straying of footpaths enabling them to see onto my property. Make sure your parents dont try and tackle them.

Thats `a big concern, my dad is 84/85 years old his dog is a noisy soft type,the old man will have a go,but he would have no chance if they turned on him. He lives in the midle of nowhere too. He ured to play rugby to a good standard, and was british champion at amature wrestling more than once.30 years ago they would have come unstuck !

Thats `a big concern, my dad is 84/85 years old his dog is a noisy soft type,the old man will have a go,but he would have no chance if they turned on him. He lives in the midle of nowhere too. He ured to play rugby to a good standard, and was british champion at amature wrestling more than once.30 years ago they would have come unstuck !

Wouldn't it be good if the thieves were pensioners themselves - and then your dad could beat the living daylights out of them to his heart's content!

(This light-heartedness doesn't excuse the crime, Geoff - I hope it causes no offence).