Pole pruner harness

sime42

Evening guys,

I been using the pole pruner again today, (Corona). It's a great tool, really useful but I often feel that it lacks something. When I'm cutting large diameter or particularly hard wood, (beech for example), it's hard to put enough force into pulling the cord with one hand whilst holding the pole with the other. Anyone know what I mean? I think the problem could be solved by supporting the butt of the pole in some kind of waist or chest harness, hence allowing both hands to be used to pull the cord. In my mind I'm seeing some kind of sport fishing harness type arrangement. Something like this:- images.jpg

I've never heard or seen of such a thing for a pole pruner. Does anyone else know if they are available and where I could find one?
Alternatively it might be easier just to make some kind of cup attachment to put on my climbing harness.
All thoughts gratefully received. Cheers guys.

That is s pretty hilarious pic up above..... with my aus pole saw I can usually just extend it until the bottom can sit on the floor so o can pull firmly with either 1 or 2 hands. If the poppers have slightly bitten on then you can pull the branch down a bit to the ground. This is with the hook parrot type loppers

That possible with what you got?

• Haha 1

That was the least hilarious photo I could find, the rest really looked like the fishermen were sporting huge Strap-ons!
Steve Bullman:- how come there is a picture of "someone's Trumped" at the start of this thread when I view all the unread posts in my Arbtalk app?

I don't know, if your strugglin to cut the branch, then maybe its because the branch you attemptin to cut is too thick..  get a pole saw to go with your pole pruner... problem solved..

Fair point about the size of the branch. Though I figure that if it fits in the hook of the pruner then I should be able to cut it.
I've always had a saw to fit on the pole pruner, but never used it. I don't quite get the concept to be honest. If the branch is just slightly too big for the pruner head then it's much too whippy to cut with the saw. If it's large enough to be steady then I might as well just climb the tree and do it by hand.