Ms200t bogs when warm

deanopolini

Bought a seized ms 200t fitted a new cylinder piston gaskets ect it started straight away revs out fully until hot then decides to bog and die have replaced plug, fuel lines, implulse line also check its not nipped , tryed two diffrent carbs that have both been checked and cleaned out well saw was running fine before seizing really am stumped doin my head in all a can think of now is bad oil or blocked tank vent ? I have just took muffler off as heard they fill with carbon and causes bogging this one has no arrstor screen so ive split it and goin to clean it out aee if that works also could be crank seals but heard its rare for them sorry for long story haha thanks in advance 

Either both carbs are faulty or you have HT issues. The crank seals may be leaking but these tend to give idle issues and don't tend to leak that much.

The HT lead can breakdown where it goes under the pump, seen that before. Only seen one coil go, tend to be pretty reliable. You can test the lead with a spark tester. Jumping the spark over the testers bigger gap shows any insulation breakdown in the HT lead. Worth changing the plug and checking the tank breather as they can get partially blocked. 

Carbs can give issues and these C1q carbs need a few specific tests to ensure they work well and not just a new kit fitted.

4 hours ago, billpierce said:

Was it a decent cylinder and piston fitted? My money is on a crappy cylinder and piston which looses compression when warm or hot

You'd struggle to start the engine in that case. ..... the man says "it bogs" so presumably it does run when hot just badly.

Deano,

Wind the  low speed mixture screw out a 1/8 turn then another 1/8 turn. ... Oh you've done that already?

Can the engine be persuaded to higher speed when hot, if you accelerate it gently? 

If it were only the one carb I'd say damned accelerator pump (in the carb) but tried two carbs so I'd say damned accelerator pumps :D Unless one or both carbs have been tested on another saw and proven to be good, I'd say they are still suspect.

Good luck,  make sure you find why it seized in the first place or is going to happen again. 

27 minutes ago, bmp01 said:

You'd struggle to start the engine in that case. ..... the man says "it bogs" so presumably it does run when hot just badly.

Says it bogs and dies so could be lack of compression. I'm still going with the coil especially if its one with a brown back rather than the ever reliable blue backed ones.

On 01/10/2017 at 12:02, billpierce said:

Was it a decent cylinder and piston fitted? My money is on a crappy cylinder and piston which looses compression when warm or hot

Tbh mate the first cylinder was a cheapo which plug threaded straight away then got a better one cant remeber name jus not stihl 

On 01/10/2017 at 16:33, bmp01 said:

Deano,

Wind the  low speed mixture screw out a 1/8 turn then another 1/8 turn. ... Oh you've done that already?

Can the engine be persuaded to higher speed when hot, if you accelerate it gently? 

If it were only the one carb I'd say damned accelerator pump (in the carb) but tried two carbs so I'd say damned accelerator pumps :D Unless one or both carbs have been tested on another saw and proven to be good, I'd say they are still suspect.

Good luck,  make sure you find why it seized in the first place or is going to happen again. 

Have fiddled with screws mate and it havent really tried featherin throttle tbh ts fires straight back up one gone off but bogs straights away again might have alook at the carbs pal thanks