Anti Pikie System Update

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your idea hope it frys them alive,

I got done twice last year, lost my chipper first, they cut it of the back of my van out side my house and then sold it back to me. Then i had four saws stollen from site, the gits watched and waited till i drove into the next paddock to empty the chip and my mate went for a piss behind a tree, they jumped the fence, ran in and grabbed them.

If you have problems with the power of your electric fence gear shop around, my mate uses one he bought on the internet (from Oz or New Zealand I think) , it powers 3 wires around 10 acres, and still knocked me to the floor some distance from the battery.

First photo is the damage they did to one container last time by attaching a chain to the bars and pulling them off, then hooking chain under door and bending it out.

Second photo is first stage of anti pikie devise, sit container on rubber pads.

Third photo is second stage, buy a 10,000 volt electric fence energiser. I was told it may not work because of the Mass of the container. So, just to be fair, I will hook it up tomorrow and try it myself, when I come out of hospital, I will give you an update. :proud:

....and if anyone asks, it's to stop them damb foxes pissing on my container, it stinks! :icon14:

Wouldn't they still have had the lock box to deal with, even if they pulled all the bars off?

Wouldn't they still have had the lock box to deal with, even if they pulled all the bars off?

Yeh, thats what stopped them, but only just, the bit that has the hole in it that the lock goes thru only just held, if they'd had had one more go at it, it would have rip the weld off completely.

Luckily the yard was muddy so they couldn't get the grip to pull.

Went down and hooked up my device to container, making sure no vegetation was touching underneath and that there was no other leaks to earth.

Connected up pulser and gingerly touch container, F@ck me it hurts.

Wow, you get a right kick off it.

I then had to figure out how to switch the thing on and off so I could unlock/lock the container, so I made a hole under the floor to put my hand up to switch it on and off while leaving the unit in the container.

The B@stard thing gave me another belt thru my coat.

I then put on leather gloves (durrh) to try and lessen the shock, jesus! It hurts just as much.

I then thought, haa, leave the unit on, and just drop the earth wire thru the floor, leave the earth disconnected while I lock up then just reach underneath and connect the clip the the earth rod.

I could ear the so called insulated earth clamp tracking to the vegetation, so I picked up the clamp and whamm! another p1ssing shock. :scared:

My arm is now numb, but I have managed to get the container live without killing myself after getting around 15 shocks. I will have to wait till the battery runs down and try and wire a remote on off switch somewhere.

It cost me £104, you can save a bit on ebay, I think the same one there is £89 but then you've the postage on top.

The only thing is you have to insulate the excavator from the floor, if it's rubber tracked theres not that problem.

You could just track it onto wooden sheets or something.

I tell you something though, if they touched it on the unawares they wouldn't touch it again. I was going to try putting some of those red rubbery gloves on to unlock it but I''ve had enough for one day :wave: