Fell a tree to steal a bike

Steve Bullman

Well this is a first for me. An emergency call out this morning. A lady chained her bike to a magnolia tree last night and thieves cut the tree to steal the bike

She lady in question happens to be on the police force working for armed response anti terrorist division

9a5b6bfe314e49884fa5d0bd1f6775e4.jpg145c6c46b004e517577f812c61286eea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It's weird how with some theft (unless it was a good bike) you'd think it was almost more work to steal something than actually earn the same amount of money honestly.

But maybe with these thieves it's the principle of the thing!

We were working on the M6 many years ago, all of a sudden the genny stopped running we thought it had run out of petrol.......wrong, two blokes had cut the tree down that it was chained to and threw it on the back of their pick-up and away.

Is that house in Ipswich?

It's weird how with some theft (unless it was a good bike) you'd think it was almost more work to steal something than actually earn the same amount of money honestly.

But maybe with these thieves it's the principle of the thing!

customer asked me how long it would have taken them. I demonstrated albeit with a sharp zubat and it took about 10 seconds. So not a lot of work assuming they had a half decent saw.