Bobcat vs small loaders

Dillinger86

Suitability is one thing but affordability is another. Money no object an avant would be the one but 5-7k for a decent bobcat looks the better value..

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Buying the wrong machine because it's cheap is a bit daft imo.

But the machine you can use the most. It may be that a wheeled artic loader can be used twice as much because it's sensitive on gardens

I find with my tracked chipper, even being careful, taking big long turns it still screws up the grass on just one pass, whereas the avant can be driven back and forth all day and just needs a quick blow to fluff the grass up again.

Telescopic boom also increases useability ime

This applies to my scenario/work obviously

I could see a cheap bobcat being a great yard machine though

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are lucky to run both a Cat Skidsteer, tracked barrow, and Avant.

We bought our first Avant cheap 10 years ago it's worth has proven itself time and again with at one point running 4 Avants and a Multione the Skidsteer ended up hardly being used.

Our recent Avant was bought brand new and to be honest I don't think they are expensive, if you think they are then they are not worth it. Even with all our kit our biggest out lay is wages per week/month the cost of kit pales into insignificance.