anyone going skiing this year

bob

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It means you can take your bikes too and have the best of both worlds. Snow gets a bit slushy in the afternoon sun so good to go biking a bit lower down the slopes.

Pretty much - we went up to Tignes a few years ago at the end of June/early July and it was brilliant. Still loads of snow up on the glacier, but down in Tignes itself the sun was baking hot, best of both worlds.

First few patches of snow are starting to appear up in Scotland now too, can't wait!

who do you guys go with for booking your holidays?neilison or thompson etc any good?

choose the resort... book flight and then look for accomodation in the local Immobilier. (Estate Agent)

Might cost a bit more, but in my experience the days of a cheap last minute deal are long gone. As for tour operators... don't get me started.

I had a neilson rep shrug his shoulders after the bus ran over my board bag and rucksack. I mean, I was about 4 metres on the path outside the dropoff at Geneva Airport. As we were unloading, a second bus from the same resort turned up and crushed my stuff. when I complained up went the shoulders.

Just goes to show they don't give a hoot about you unless you have just arrived and they can try and sort out things for you so they can make money... BAH!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

choose the resort... book flight and then look for accomodation in the local Immobilier. (Estate Agent)

Might cost a bit more, but in my experience the days of a cheap last minute deal are long gone. As for tour operators... don't get me started.

I had a neilson rep shrug his shoulders after the bus ran over my board bag and rucksack. I mean, I was about 4 metres on the path outside the dropoff at Geneva Airport. As we were unloading, a second bus from the same resort turned up and crushed my stuff. when I complained up went the shoulders.

Just goes to show they don't give a hoot about you unless you have just arrived and they can try and sort out things for you so they can make money... BAH!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I totally agree - I've had 1 or 2 decent tour holidays (Andorra + Serre Chevalier), but my best experiences have been piling the gear into the car and driving down to the Grand Massif. Travelling in France is always a pleasure, and your not restricted by flight times. We knew some chalet owners, and would book and pay privately

would be good to organise a bit of a trip at some point and yes, it is good to know a few chalet owners :thumbup::thumbup:

this is ho my mate paid his rent last year... I felled the sticks for a reduced rate stay . LOL. All with an 017 AV. Notice the fine use of a pair of Oakleys!

P1000763.jpg.15f89830090a6df6b3767d8043ae1323.jpg

P1000755.jpg.14c7adbef4bf9c69e200d398dd18ac8b.jpg