fuelwood splitta 400 fills bulk bag logs full in 4 mins

Bustergasket

To be honest as long you could get it in the chamber it would cope with any thing , Round was better but it did cope with irregular fine , It was just making it fit the chamber which was the problem from memory. [ATTACH]220915[/ATTACH]

Easier with a crane and log deck but for your set up sounds like it would work well ... why not extract the timber in lengths instead of rings in the first place though?

It is a very long and tedious story! I have tried every conceivable system for moving and processing logs over the last 4 years. The decision to extract in rings boils down to a combination of several factors including the availability of volunteers, a very narrow bridge, understandably fussy customers and most importantly a commitment to enjoy the process!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a very long and tedious story! I have tried every conceivable system for moving and processing logs over the last 4 years. The decision to extract in rings boils down to a combination of several factors including the availability of volunteers, a very narrow bridge, understandably fussy customers and most importantly a commitment to enjoy the process!

Sounds like the perfect machine for you then! They are good and I can imagine the 400 is a bit better for arb waste ... I don't think anything is perfect for arb waste though unless every one is very disciplined in there cutting but the arb discipline is get it down and out and in the back of the truck with no thought at all for presenting the timber for processing later even with the best will it didn't seem to happen.

Probably not enough oomph. Power pack would be a good option, freeing up the tractor to carry the logs to the machine. Adds significantly to the cost though.

With a few mods the Farmi processor can be made to do rings quicker than a vertical splitter and would give loads of options if you can get some lengths out. Admittedly not as quick as splitta 400 but probably near half the price and maybe quarter the price if you can pick up a second hand one.

With a few mods the Farmi processor can be made to do rings quicker than a vertical splitter and would give loads of options if you can get some lengths out. Admittedly not as quick as splitta 400 but probably near half the price and maybe quarter the price if you can pick up a second hand one.

Fair point. My issue is that I have struggled to get the finished log quality I need from processors.

The best I have seen is the top of the range Jappa with it's funky splitting action. This machine costs about 100 million pounds.