Is it worth it?

samtheman365

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy has got ambition, i'll give him that.

i often find with texting and typing that what is written often does not come across quite as it should. and i think this is what has happened with this thread

i started off with a 8ton table for £1.5k top 9 yrs ago working part time, i now own a heizohack, 2 tractors, 2 processors, 2 tabletops, 30 ton splitter, 1 van, 1 landy 1 tipper trailer, 2 ag trailers and 2 chainsaws and turn over 40k+. i also sell wood all year round, and this year sold more in the summer than i have in the past 2 months

its hard work, some days i love it, others i hate it, and the same with the customers.

SAM where are you based?? and if i were you i would be splitting the wood into that nice airy barn in the background of your photo

£22K ain't such a big deal. I spent more than that on a family car and that won't bring a penny in!!!!

I cannot believe how negative most of you lot are, whats up?? jealous??

His kit will probably be worth the same in five years time. Unfortunately my family car will be worth about 20%.

Just an idea but I avoid processing onto pallets now. Use concrete and put simple shelter over. That matbro will save your back next year when you shovel them up.

His kit will probably be worth the same in five years time. Unfortunately my family car will be worth about 20%.

Just an idea but I avoid processing onto pallets now. Use concrete and put simple shelter over. That matbro will save your back next year when you shovel them up.

Im going to put some in vented bags and some on the pallets and see what gives me the best results

Thats the thing all my kit will more than likely be worth the same in a few years time

The irony is that the thing they want to conserve - the woodlands we have in the UK, and all the wildlife in them - are the way they are because the woods have been worked for thousands of years.!

Absoloutely true. Working in LOrd Falmouths estate last year on ancient sessile oak woods, very few trees over 8-10" DBH, was last clear felled in the 70's, and probably had been for thousands of years, thus creating the woods as they are now. We were removing non-natives, Lordy wanted it felled, natural england said no as it was ancient woodland.:confused1: