Is it worth it?

samtheman365

Just another thought its not that easy to build a client base. From a log point of view it can be difficult to break into the market place if you have other competitors nearby. There is one near me that is mass production on the firewood front and it doesn't matter that my prices are 20% or more lower than them, it is difficult to gain custum. The appropriate advertising should work but finding what is appropriate is the hard part. Good luck.

That's a important point, competition.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another thought its not that easy to build a client base. From a log point of view it can be difficult to break into the market place if you have other competitors nearby. There is one near me that is mass production on the firewood front and it doesn't matter that my prices are 20% or more lower than them, it is difficult to gain custum. The appropriate advertising should work but finding what is appropriate is the hard part. Good luck.

Thats the point I was making on page 2 of this thread:thumbup:

Another factor, as far as I know hasn't been mentioned - planning permission.

It's a bit hard to keep a new firewood business quiet..all it takes is one informed neighbour to get the hump with the noise (or even one of your competitors for that matter :sneaky2:) and you're out of business if you haven't got the right PP in place.

If you're in it for the long term, and it's your only income, sorting this out should be job 1.

Well im in exactly the same position i dont need this to make me rich just enough to live on and spend more time with my family:thumbup1:

if i was you,, (quote)having a well paid job, with 2 other online businesses, that are going from strength to strength.

id say:thefinger::thefinger:to the firewood side of things, and be spending more time with the family with 22k in your pocket..

id know where id rather be with my family and 22k and the pocket, and it wouldnt be cutting/splitting firewood to keep someone warm:001_:angryfire:

(stranger things have happend at sea)

happy cutting

if i was you,, (quote)having a well paid job, with 2 other online businesses, that are going from strength to strength.

id say:thefinger::thefinger:to the firewood side of things, and be spending more time with the family with 22k in your pocket..

id know where id rather be with my family and 22k and the pocket, and it wouldnt be cutting/splitting firewood to keep someone warm:001_:angryfire:

happy cutting

I concur.

Another factor, as far as I know hasn't been mentioned - planning permission.

It's a bit hard to keep a new firewood business quiet..all it takes is one informed neighbour to get the hump with the noise (or even one of your competitors for that matter :sneaky2:) and you're out of business if you haven't got the right PP in place.

If you're in it for the long term, and it's your only income, sorting this out should be job 1.

What sort of planning would you need, i run my firewood business from our farm so persume i would not need to apply for any additional planning myself, i am right thinking this:confused1:

happy cutting

Well i enjoy doing logs and my strengths are with customers so i will being doing a job i love and you cant beat that:thumbup:

Well i enjoy doing logs and my strengths are with customers so i will being doing a job i love and you cant beat that:thumbup:

but spending 22k on a new venture that you'd like to do.. thats some commitment....

best not to have your fingers in to many pies:blushing:

and if customer relations are your thing would it not be best to sit in a nice warm office and have someone chopping your logs

Edited by log supplier