Pruning boots

Dilz

Yes don't do it.

The soles are very soft and grippy but won't last as long in the floor.

Personally I use AKU Cresta approach boots for via ferratta. I have a pair that are heavily abused for over 3 years and are still going.

As for the SRT loops. I bought a large for my Andrew's and the smaller size for the AKU's. I never take them off.

well ive gone for the Arbpro evo'2 s - it states that they shouldn't be used for ground work because of the softer grippy soles so - sorry lads - get dragging!

Nightmare.

Don't get dehydrated up there. Get the groundies to send you a glass of champagne up occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

so one of my guys rocked up today with a shinny pair of arbpro's. I thought they looked really good, handy.

Then i started to think, he's an employee of mine, im sending him out to work knowing he has no steel toe caps on where do i stand on this?

I mean, the boys no muppet and i have no intention of stopping him wear them but just a thought, where do employers stand if he drops a log on his foot or stubs his toe or something.

the arbpros are for use in the tree only and not on the ground, and really only when its handsaw work as there is no chainsaw protection. A lot depends on your company set up - if he has been made aware that he needs steel toe cap boots and then chooses not to wear them even though you as his employer have done your legal duty to provide him with suitable PPE then the fault should lie with him. If he had no steel toecap boots and you told him to work in his trainers or whatever the fault lies with you - the difficult part is how lawyers could twist stuff about in court should something happen. The guys i work with who use pruning boots usually carry two sets of boots - pruning boots and chainsaw boots - one young lad though has just taken to wearing his scarpa boots the whole time - I've seen two broken feet on site and heard of quite a few more due to people not wearing proper boots - if it were me in you place - id say climbing boots for pruning climbs only, then the rest is up to your employee

Had the Arbpro evo 2's on today for the first time - some simple dismantles on spike and general clambering about - boots were super comfy - now wish you could get a pair with a steel toe and chainsaw protection

• 4 weeks later...
Andrews do good boots,ive got long narrow feet so i couldnt say if they suit wider feet.

Ive been wearing the andrews chervino chainsaw boots and believe them to be better than the much promoted but very over rated meindl airstreams

were you the same size in the andrews as the airstreams? i fancy a change..