Chipper & container problem. Help

Scott Farmborough

if the containers are not 100% then you risk recking them when you drag them. they are designed to be lifted. a tractor and loader will soon shove them, but either of these options are pretty ruff and will make a mess for sure. i would just find easier containers that can be delivered easily, i am going to be getting a couple soon, i will just call up a container company and get them to drop them off, by the time you take a day off, pay someone to mess about and probably make a mess of the whole job i wouldnt bother mate

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What size container are we talking here, I'm thinking 20ft ??

What I have done David is cut the poles to 10ft and shove in sideways, two people can easy handle them when they come out the back taking them to the front again, leaves very little damage to the ground

The container is 20ft!

Sounds like it could be a bit long winded across two large fields. but if it comes to it its an option. Cheers Dean:001_smile:

if the containers are not 100% then you risk recking them when you drag them. they are designed to be lifted. a tractor and loader will soon shove them, but either of these options are pretty ruff and will make a mess for sure. i would just find easier containers that can be delivered easily, i am going to be getting a couple soon, i will just call up a container company and get them to drop them off, by the time you take a day off, pay someone to mess about and probably make a mess of the whole job i wouldnt bother mate

I am getting the container cheap as they want shot of them.... and there in very good nick! I refuse to let it beat me and concider it a bit of a chalenge

With boys toys and all that!!!

Ive dragged a 20ft container with a dumper truck, down a road and across a field. Getting going is the hardest part but once it starts to move i didnt stop until it was in place lol

No damage to the container, few scratches on the road and a few marks in the field, nothing major though :D

We tryed lifting one today with an 8 ton JCB loader with 8ft pallet forks but the rails under the container got bent! ploughing up the field is not an option as i dont think Girl Guides UK would be very happy.

the ones iv moved are always chained to the corners. thats where your ment to lift them by. the jcb should lift it fine, one end at a time :001_smile:

7M telehandler ie 530 jcb will lift and carry a 20ft container easily if you use a 4 legged chain and go to each twist lock hole in the top and then lift from the centre, alternatively if you have only got a loader tractor, lift one end of the container up high and reverse the trailer under it, lower it down then go to the rear of container and shove it forwards with loader onto bed of trailer.

simples.

7M telehandler ie 530 jcb will lift and carry a 20ft container easily if you use a 4 legged chain and go to each twist lock hole in the top and then lift from the centre, alternatively if you have only got a loader tractor, lift one end of the container up high and reverse the trailer under it, lower it down then go to the rear of container and shove it forwards with loader onto bed of trailer.

simples.

:dito: thats wat i was trying to say :001_smile: