smoke controlled areas

slippery

Stop worrying Slippery

Just enjoy yer stove mate

thats what i was thinking anyway, trouble is, there are a couple of real asshole neighbours and a bloke across the back has just installed one and burns all kinds of rubbish, thing is, my flue sticks out over three meters from the roof and you can't see his, so people are going to think its my rotten smoke.

never mind though, i've just secured a deal for two ton of logs and he wants some of them, at least he will be burning nice clean stuff for a while

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is peculiar how some local authorities have completely different interpretations of the law and how to implement it. Bit like tree officers I suppose....

I looked into the law throughly when I lived in Manchester, as I had a clean burn but not approved stove burning seasoned wood in a smoke control area. A neighbour complained about the smell of woodsmoke. Even though the stove was as good as an approved model I had to stop burning wood or risk prosecution.

I live in a smoke control zone, hence my reluctance to put a fire in, but I'm sure your ok between 7pm and 7am or something like that anyway. Surely outside these hours u'd be using smoke free fuel................

There are plenty of stoves you can use in a smoke control zone. Morso make them , stockton 5, clearview. Even a boiler stove in the Dunsley Yorkshire. And they are all right, if there is no smoke, no problem, but if you do have arshole neighbours, the council are obliged to check. they do here in bristol anyway.

There are at least 5 of us in our row of houses that burn wood in a smokeless zone. No complaints yet other than my neighbours fire as she was burning house coal and probably the cheapest stuff you can get. Burn it till the council threaten you. It took over 10 years for the local hospital to lose its coal boiler once an abatement order was placed.