How narrow does a grinder need to be?

Was the video of the revolution wheel only for the American market then ?

We've had 2 carletons with the sandvik wheel which is very aggressive,never had green teeth so not sure on their performance compared to sandvik,I'm sure 38hp would power one.

Greenteeth are 99% of all our sales, I like the rev wheel but on high hp grinders. The diameter of the wheel on the ZT is 18" & on other models 20" so it would need to be a different wheel. Not sure if the promotional pics where the prototype, Bandit are trying to keep the price of this model low hence the lack of options.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening all,

Currently looking to upgrade the grinder and was set on the Toro STX-26 (34" wide) until I spoke to Dean at the show and realised that the ZT1844 (29" wide) won't break the bank.

Lost count of the number of jobs where we're scraping the tyres at 30". Taking the gate off is fine until it's brick walls etc.

The HB20 and JoBeau B24-100 are down to 25" but I'd rather have a track machine with a lot more power.

There's also the Predator 28x at 26", expanding tracks and a price tag to match.

So, how many jobs would you be able to get a 25" machine in where 29" is too much? Or am I over thinking this?

Regards,

Steve.

Hi Steve,

I'dd like to bring our machine to your attention: Herder*Fermex SCT*410H.

This machine has a width of only 31"! and with its high torque 4 cilinder diesel engine (32HP) it's has a high capacity. We did run it to a 44HP (also diesel) machine and also the customer decided it has simular capacity>

Might be worth looking at it... also available as a wheeled machine...

Regarding your question on colour; the Herder Fermex comes standard in RAL 1028 (yellow). Optional we can suplly them in different RAL colours. Normally delivery is longer for special Colours

Here our website:

Herder-Fermex - Herder

And our YouTube channel: [ame]

[/ame]

Just give me a PM if you want more info.

Regards,

Ronald

Hi Steve,

I'dd like to bring our machine to your attention: Herder*Fermex SCT*410H.

This machine has a width of only 31"! and with its high torque 4 cilinder diesel engine (32HP) it's has a high capacity. We did run it to a 44HP (also diesel) machine and also the customer decided it has simular capacity>

Might be worth looking at it... also available as a wheeled machine...

Regarding your question on colour; the Herder Fermex comes standard in RAL 1028 (yellow). Optional we can suplly them in different RAL colours. Normally delivery is longer for special Colours

Here our website:

Herder-Fermex - Herder

And our YouTube channel:

Just give me a PM if you want more info.

Regards,

Ronald

Looks a nice machine and I like the joy stick controls. Kubota engine?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

No, this model runs a Lombardini FOCS engine.

gives 32HP on the RPM we use it..

Regards,

Ronald

Was never a fan of the focs engine,always seemed high reving and temperamental, maybe that's just me.

What sort if money is the radio version?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

This machine has a width of only 31"!

Regarding your question on colour; the Herder Fermex comes standard in RAL 1028 (yellow). Optional we can suplly them in different RAL colours.

Thanks Ronald, but in the UK our standard garden gates are 2'6" so 30". By the time you take off the stops it's 29" or the machine stays in the yard - whatever the colour.

Had a Lombardini engine in a TP150 chipper and did like it though.

Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Ronald, but in the UK our standard garden gates are 2'6" so 30". By the time you take off the stops it's 29" or the machine stays in the yard - whatever the colour.

Had a Lombardini engine in a TP150 chipper and did like it though.

Regards,

Steve.

I have to disagree about gate size. The majority of my work is with a larger machine in back gardens. The 29inch machine is used less than 10% of the time and normally they have additional obstacles (steps or tight turn etc) that prevent access from any machine that is too long. Use to run a 26inch machine but would be lucky if it went out once a month so got rid.

My issue with narrow machine is that customers never want to pay a realistic price to cover the amount of time you waste getting in/out.

Nick