Lombardy-Crane-Removal

RC0

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You’ll have to pardon me for not participating further in this thread, only I’m going to be busy for a few days. Thanks:[/url]

Well, I'll just have to be quick then.

Hey Reg.

You seem to do so many dismantles with the help of crane. Why so and what are the advantages/disadvantages?

Cheers

Al

Al: Safer, faster and much easier all round.

Do you use the same crane operator every time you do big removals?

Same company Martyn but not always the same operator.

Decay, stability, foundation issues etc......?

Dave, the tree belonged to a school, who were obliging the neighbours request to remove it. The tree had been topped years ago which consequently led to the multiple stemmed form at about half way up. There was decay around the old cuts and a little at the base but not that bad. We measured the height against the crane to be around 110. The LA officer had no objections to its removal. Had it never been topped so severely in the past it would have been quite magnificent for its kind, by this stage in its life.

Proper job Reg.......all that training with SWB is paying off mate!
Who's SWB ?

reg, why would it not fell, looked like there was loads of space?

Craig: The grass area was actually the School football pitch and falling the tree would have caused an unacceptible amount of damage. Also, we would have had to land it straight across the tarmac drive, so it was never an option.

Thanks

Another lovely Vid Reg.

Your posts deserve un-divided attention and I’ve waited till Sunday afternoon to view it (nice and quiet, no kids, peace and calm in the house). Excellent take-down on a nasty tree. It would be interesting to know when it was last topped as that was some re-growth!

In my experience here in the midlands Poplars get to a certain age, topped or not and then they just seem to break apart over time. I’ve got several big-ones to take down – all straight fells thank goodness.

Nice work!