Brit Tipp

waz77

myself and nifty steve on here have just about finished converting my 130 landy to a tipper for the huge sum of £96 + fish n chip money. . . sod paying a company thousands!

nice one , your absolutly right sod paying a company thousands if youve done it for that price !:thumbup1: have you got any piccys of it , id be really interested to see the finished result

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this sounds exactly like what a punter looking for a tree removal company would be saying. these companies are naturally going to be more money, they are set up for the business and can turn quality bodies out all day everyday, and they have overheads because of it....thats what you're paying for.

LOL!!!!!!!!

So true Steve, its about time you had to be registered to make tipper backs, like the Corgi scheme, stop these cowboys doing their own!!!:laugh1::lol:

this sounds exactly like what a punter looking for a tree removal company would be saying. these companies are naturally going to be more money, they are set up for the business and can turn quality bodies out all day everyday, and they have overheads because of it....thats what you're paying for.

very true! still be interesting to see the results of 96 quid ! ...

but then again its all about skills-if joe bloggs has the skills to take down a tree himself, he's going to take the tree down himself, if youve got the skills to convert vehicles to a tipper, then why not???

but then again its all about skills-if joe bloggs has the skills to take down a tree himself, he's going to take the tree down himself, if youve got the skills to convert vehicles to a tipper, then why not???

of course mate......its implying that the professional firm is overcharging is more what i was getting at! if you have the skills and the time to put it into yourself then fair play.

of course mate......its implying that the professional firm is overcharging is more what i was getting at! if you have the skills and the time to put it into yourself then fair play.

thats a fair comment steve, i guess in fairness i must sound like the above joe bloggs "sod paying £600 for them to fell that tree, i'll do it myself!" :blushing: haha

Its very easy when you do a job for yourself to not put a £ value on your time.

In life I find people are either cash rich and time poor or the other way round, IMO, its best to use which ever you have the most of.

I have a young family and my weekends have a very high value to me, so I pay for any repairs or fabricating I need doing.