AA

dangerous brian

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im not really sure we do alot of local authority work,but always lose out on the juicy money making jobs that the big firms get,we were wondering if we joined the AA would we have a bit more clout behind us and would it make a difference.

Hi, I have been an approved company for around 10 /12 years and I am due for my next inspection in 2010.

now I love what we do and have had my company running for 25 years never made a loss, and it has been said I have helped inprove the quality of work and kit in my area, where some lead others follow which is no bad thing, I do not belive that being approved has been a factor in that it has always been my drive that has paved the way for us.

I do not belive that being approved will help you win the better jobs as you see them as being approved puts your costs UP!!!!

Are you sure the jobs you are lossing are money makers, as I have always belived the small jobs make the money, as you are in and out fast, can fit a few together, less wear anf tear on your kit, your body and your men etc.

My advice for what it is worth is keep it small look at every cost within your company change things to reduce the running costs and make more profit.

IT HAS WORKED FOR ME - As for my re-assessment dont think i will be doing it.

Regards

Keven

As a normal member i dont think there is much benefit other than a couple of magazines i dont think you can use the logo or anything, its been a while since i was a member. i am a member of the ISA and prefer that.

But as an approved AA contractor thats different and im sure would carry weight when pricing larger jobs.

I don't think you can use the logo but if you are a Professional or Technician member you can use the letters after your name.