skyline pics - if anyone interested

Joy Yeomans

i love all that rigging stuff, as a kid i spent all my weekends and holidays in argyll, skyline country, my dad would just pull over and go for a nosey, the guys would always stop for a chat and let you climb over the machines, it was great. i do the same if i see a machine working, i love it, i have had alexander on diggers and tractors all over the place, it was the same when i had the mog, folk would come up for a nosey, i would always let them chuck their kids in and blast the horn:thumbup1:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pics mate, search in the pictures forum for a thread called 'The Lakes' our Timbermaster is up there working nearly all year round on conservation projects !

What sort of tonnage can you get out in a day working it commercially ?

Thanks for the pics mate, search in the pictures forum for a thread called 'The Lakes' our Timbermaster is up there working nearly all year round on conservation projects !

What sort of tonnage can you get out in a day working it commercially ?

depends how its been felled and terrain - we do alot of coming in after harvesters so could be between 15-30 tonne - trouble is theres alot of things that you have to way up on each individual job - if getting the stuff the harvestors cant get you have to do alot of setting up and then skylining off then moving rig and setting up again and sometimes its a nightmare to get a decent bit of tonnage off

Glen Feshie Estate, working with great lads like Comray Stuart and Rory - The Prosser boys - Derek and Donald with Harvester, hand fellers - Keith & Carl - working for Scottish Woodlands - met some great Scottish Lads!

Bingo, Knew it was feshie!!!

Was that through neil stoddart by any chance?

The prosser boys are an experience ey? Did you meet Hendry????!!!?

Derek and Donald are good lads... I was working up at Tulchan while you were at Feshie and Hendry did the extraction for us with his county.