Help with a quote

smokeygaz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if it's my mum double and if it's my mates mum then whenever I crawl out of her bed.

:laugh1::lol::lol:

Friend of the family is milk n 2, next week your mate will be in to help you: out :thumbup1:

Any one else, most of you are to cheap in my humble, by the time you have got there done it packed up, got to the next job and unpacked the gear again you have lost 2+ hours so at £70 your working for £30 -£35/hour for a fully kitted out tree team inc insurance labour gear etc :001_rolleyes: work out your overheads and tell me you can earn on that (unless you have 7 or more in a row for the day inside a couple of miles)

Evening all,

Just to clarify a few things, the guy quoting the job is a mate of 15+ years,

he doesn't have a chipper

he doesn't have a stump grinder

he doesnt have a chainsaw ticket. (so i would assume un-insurable as well??)

he doesn't employ anyone

he doesn't have a yard / lock up to pay for

he doesn't have to travel for longer than 5 mins

and would burn the logs himself

so obviously he is not a tree surgeon / arborist

hope this clears up a few things.

thanks to all for the responses. it seems most would do it for free (mates rates)and the highest estimate was £180 to £200 stump ground out and at full price.

I never ask for mates rates that way I don't get upset and I don't owe the same courtesy. What I do expect is a going rate from a friend for a tip top spot on 'arrods customer service. No complaints and a "will that be all sir before you retire."

As for 5 minute job how do you get there, Teleportation? It takes me that long to get out of the truck at the end of the day let alone muster up the energy for a favour.:lol:

Evening all,

he doesn't employ anyone

thanks to all for the responses. it seems most would do it for free (mates rates)and the highest estimate was £180 to £200 stump ground out and at full price.

His name is Dick Turpin by the way .

Evening all,

he doesn't employ anyone

Insurance doesn't prove professionalism. You don't need qual's to be insured in this game. If he is none of the above that may seem perfectly okay to him. Especially if he is using a carpentry saw and chucking it in the back of his run around. TBC.

5 mins travel time ie he lives up the road. not 5 mins to do the job. and i didn't ask for mates rates he said that in the quote he sent my mother. i thought £200 is asking a lot for a job that shouldn't take any longer than an hour if your feeling slow first thing on monday morning. either way no one on this thread has quoted higher and at full price. so £200 at mates rates is unbelievably expensive.

Evening all,

he doesn't employ anyone

So your asking a uninsured, unqualified mate to drop your mums tree?

The next thread will be about making the industry looked at better by the public or complaining about some ***** pinching there job and that's with out handing out invertations

Ffs :001_rolleyes:

So your asking a uninsured, unqualified mate to drop your mums tree?

The next thread will be about making the industry looked at better by the public or complaining about some ***** pinching there job and that's with out handing out invertations

Ffs :001_rolleyes:

I have not asked anybody to fell a tree and neither has my mother. As she lives in Australia, the house is let out through a letting agent, the tenants have complained to the agent about the tree. He has asked my mate who has done a few DIY jobs for him if he could do it. I live 3 hours away and have never met nore spoke to the agent before and the first i hear about this tree is through my mother with a quote off my mate.