How quickly do super dry logs take up moisture?

Woodworks

Oven dried logs Beau. Now there's a little cottage industry waiting to happen. :lol: How much could you charge for a net of that?

I think not but but we were discussing the big microwave kiln that was in the film Kickass and wondering if they really exist if they would be any good for drying logs :lol:

The sample is up to 2.8% today but presume rate of gain will slow as it gets closer to equilibrium.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think not but but we were discussing the big microwave kiln that was in the film Kickass and wondering if they really exist if they would be any good for drying logs :lol:

The sample is up to 2.8% today but presume rate of gain will slow as it gets closer to equilibrium.

Is that by weight or meter?

I know a friend of mine imports kiln dried from eastern Europe and when they arrive here and are unpacked they measure 5%. After sitting in his shed a few weeks awaiting delivery, that has risen to 12 to 15%. His normal seasoned logs always go out under 20% anyway. I think he recently had a customer said the kiln dried were up to 22% after being stored in their brick built outhouse for a week or two.