What friction hitch are you on?

old skool

Morning All. Sorrry if this has been asked before. I am doing an assignment where I have chosen to evaluate friction hitches and investigate their pros, cons etc for accessing the crown and for work positioning. I would very much appreciate learning what you guys use and why, and what is good or bad about it. Ta.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the VT is the one i prefer for my climbing line. i am 16 + stone and this is one of the few hitches that does not bind on me if i am hanging in the one position for a while. it can be tweaked a bit for individual styles by putting on or taking of a wrap or braid. formy side strop i use the knut as it is a shorter hitch and gets me tighter to the stem if need be when chogging down. hope that gives you a bit of info, good luck

Blake's hitch. For me it's fairly adjustable for limb walking, doesn't seize up like prussiks do/can either. Also you can manipulate the knot with one hand to start a fairly rapid descent without burning your hand - something that i would want should I ever decide to shove a running bar into my ribs etc.

i am on vt now, mainly to for the ergonomic reasons, but if i am honest i love the prussik, i used this for 11 years with no complaints for climbing, but as the years go on and this job takes its strain on my body i know vt is the way forward, once i master it properly on some descent big crowns then i will be a lot happier with it, the more i learn on here the easier each climb is tbh, you need to change as time goes on i think, what i do like abou the vt on either the climbing line or strop is the fact you can get closer to the stem. unless you carry 3 or 4 different prussiks with you..