Laptops

dent

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a MacBook Pro which I'm still struggling to learn how to use. Incredibly fast but if you've spent all you're life on a windows PC it might be a big learning curve.

Also just bought a second hand desk top. It was a gaming rig and has everything I need and more for not much more than one of the all in ones currently on the shop floor with much lower spec. Might be worth looking at a refurbished gaming laptop as they are often higher spec than run of the mill lap tops for around the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I can't understand this obsession with speed?

My wrist can only go so fast.

Depends what you want to do with it. For me, with processing of photos, I need fast, lots of storage, and able to do multiple tasks at once. For that I needed a SSD, decent RAM, good processor and a half decent graphics card. All of that adds up to fast. Fast boot up, fast processing and able to have several things going on at any one time without any slow down.

Depends what you want to do with it. For me, with processing of photos, I need fast, lots of storage, and able to do multiple tasks at once. For that I needed a SSD, decent RAM, good processor and a half decent graphics card. All of that adds up to fast. Fast boot up, fast processing and able to have several things going on at any one time without any slow down.

Indeed, you can never have too much power or ram for photos, I would have a poke around the tinterwebs for tips on Macs, its different but in a nice way although I can understand some learning curve from Windows

Switching To Mac - Once you go Mac, you never go back for example

</de-rail>

N

Thanks everyone for the help went into pc world aand as i expected they tried to sell us something way more than we need and around £500 an funnily enough not one thing that was in the sale so we walked out

Ended up with an hp laptop seems very good for what we need