Long over due

County 764

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be that your use of 'domestic' could be misleading in that sentence.

Domestic RHI (single property) payment rates are calculated from the EPC / Green Deal assessment of the requirement for that property. Opening a window / generating more heat or hot water than is required (and then venting to atmosphere) would make no difference to the DRHI payment - it would just cost the homeowner more in fuel usage - a pointless exercise.

I'm guessing, you might be referring to a CRHI 'neighbourhood' heating scheme where metered heat generation is piped to separate properties? If that is the case, then I'd agree your point and suggest that is a significant part of the 'problem' with the construct of the CRHI - the incentive is to generate heat in order to gain payment - a problem that was ironed out before rolling out the DRHI.

There will also be a great many people who (like me) have a business use, log kiln, workshop, etc and also heat their domestic home, this is allowed on the CRHI.

It's a pity that people can't be prosecuted on morals alone. There is something very wrong about burning natural fuel for no other reason than just making money.

I'm pretty sure that if people can be seen to be just wasting the heat they could be made to repay the money.

I'm pretty sure that if people can be seen to be just wasting the heat they could be made to repay the money.

Yes as with all fraudsters, pity this easy scam was created in the first place

Heat is a valuable and important product.

Not if its heating an empty barn its not.:001_smile:

If someone is burning fuel with no end product other than money in the bank for burning said fuel then the cheeky ****** needs castrating quick and proper.

Same to all these 'clever' loophole dodging gits no matter what the scam.

There will also be a great many people who (like me) have a business use, log kiln, workshop, etc and also heat their domestic home, this is allowed on the CRHI.

Yes, it was both interesting and depressing to read through that link about tax on RHI earlier. They certainly don't seem to have a "making life less complicated" department at HMRC!

If I read it properly, a scenario like you describe would have to declare the element of RHI that heats the business part of the system, but not the domestic part, with the % of the business elements of the system qualifying for AIA and annual running / maintenance costs eligible as business deductibles.

Don't envy anyone that piece of white magic!!

• 4 weeks later...