Tree Surgeon on watchdog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wattie

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am pleased to see so much interest in my post, lots of different views.

Think the tree expert was low on his costing has he run a tree company see that it has been said he may be a tree officer but £630 was very high but as others have said taking this program out for now ; you quote and its a

1; Yes please

2; No thank you

3; Can you do it cheaper (seem to hear this time after time at the moment)

I like most of you who have been in the game for a while have hunderds of clints over the years, some jobs are to cheap some or to high but it all go's into one pot at the end of the day.

Seen this lorry up at my childrens school as I am in the area, all of that type have lorries and chippers like it, they know if they turn up with sign written clean and tidy lorry, people will think they are all legal etc.

What he looks like does not worry me as I have always had tidy smart sign written lorries, tidy lads, printed shirts etc, I know some guys think it is not inportant and it is the quality of work that matters, I agree with the work issue but you could not be more wrong about what you all look like when you or your staff turn up like this day and age.

All you who know me know what a fussy sod I am but 25 years this year some thing works.

Going back to charging for works who out there has sent money back to a client after the job was completed as you fell you charged to much, when you got the job done quickerm then expected.

Thanks for all the input on this one.

Regards

Keven :001_rolleyes:

Going back to charging for works who out there has sent money back to a client after the job was completed as you fell you charged to much, when you got the job done quickerm then expected.

not me. i have on the other hand oasked customers if theres any little extras they want doing as we've got done particularly early. thats rare though and depends entirely on how well the customer has treated me during my time there

not me. i have on the other hand oasked customers if theres any little extras they want doing as we've got done particularly early. thats rare though and depends entirely on how well the customer has treated me during my time there

Same here.

Dont mind doing a little bit extra if they are a nice customer and have the time/money on the job.

I would never give someone a refund if I thought it had gone well, but would also never ask for more if it had gone badly, underestimated, bad weather etc.

Same here.

Dont mind doing a little bit extra if they are a nice customer and have the time/money on the job.

I would never give someone a refund if I thought it had gone well, but would also never ask for more if it had gone badly, underestimated, bad weather etc.

Likewise, particularly given the importance of recommendation/word of mouth :001_cool:

:laugh1:

Just watching it on i player now

the figure was ultimately irrelevant. the bbc were paying so they would have paid whatever the guy asked just to get some good tv. had it been real, its unlikely the customer would have accepted..

perhaps they should have got the customer to turn down the price to see if they had resorted to buly tactics?