Free trees on Gumtree

peatff

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least the advertiser is suggesting a chain saw is required to fell these trees, I expect he thought that if he didn't mention that, most professional tree guys would show up with a bow saw and an axe.

What a numpty.

Ah, I've no bow saw so I'll not be bidding on this job...

Ty

Lucky there's not too many of them around here. A local farmer tried me to do the same but they ended up being poplars. To be fair if it was a massive ash, very local & clearfell then I would, as it's gotta be worth £400-500 in logs. Something to do on a down day anyway.

Im not into logs but can't work how would you be making money like that? You spend a day with at least two guys felling ringing up and carting away a tree. Then split all the wood store it and then 18 months later get £500 after delivering it all?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Im not into logs but can't work how would you be making money like that? You spend a day with at least two guys felling ringing up and carting away a tree. Then split all the wood store it and then 18 months later get £500 after delivering it all?

If I had of done then I would've done it on my own, dropped her in one, snedded up & leave brash for bonfire , split & netted up in the yard with the Mrs & into polytunnel for 6 months.

I have no shame in making money from wood in any shape or form .

Can see why some people think it's unprofessional but they're not the ones putting food on my table.

Ps delivery is extra!

I don't think it matters how you make money. Bit of snobbery about sometimes. I do struggle to see the appeal when should be paid to take the tree down and the wood is a bonus. Between two of us we took over 400 yesterday as was done by 3 with half a load of chip to tip and no waiting 6 months for the money. Each to their own though

I don't think it matters how you make money. Bit of snobbery about sometimes. I do struggle to see the appeal when should be paid to take the tree down and the wood is a bonus. Between two of us we took over 400 yesterday as was done by 3 with half a load of chip to tip and no waiting 6 months for the money. Each to their own though

Never done it & certainly wouldn't base my business model on it! I was approached when I was quiet & I considered it & would probably in the future if it was very local & ash. If you have the space netted logs can be high profit ;-)

some people cut the trees for timber, they see it as cheaper than buying it and they have time on their hands. my uncle does it (twice), he gets the firewood and they get the tree removed. He sometimes has bonfires to get rid of the brash or offers to get guys in to clean the land of rough ground (paid by house owner). but this is only for decent sized trees where they are several. whats wrong it kills time and he saves money

• 5 weeks later...