Gross Train Weight....

swinny

Yeah it's a bit like cutting trees, money for nothing and your chips for free.

Very good.

Had no idea it involved taking the case apart - still 200 for 3 hrs work not a bad setup, even if its needs a few years reading up on it. I expect he gets his investment back a lot quicker than the people who invest in buying the vans. We cant all be vantuners, not enough ecus to go round

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getter harder to do, especially on high end cars. The ecu is sometimes filled with glue, ostensibly to weatherproof it. One model was so hard to split there was a 90% failure rate. The hack is to heat the whole unit on a hot plate to melt the glue, not something I fancy doing tbh.

Even once you're in there's no easy way of connecting the ecu to a laptop, you have to connect directly into the pcb. I've only done one but it was a really interesting process. It's just like tree work, you're not paying for time so much as experience and knowledge. If it was that easy everyone would be doing it.

So technically the van can be loaded to the mythical 3500. But i can also tow the 2800 behindnit as the logbook says even thought the vin plate says different?

Oddly the makers recommendation is not law.

Would I want to defend this in a court? No.

but the makers put the plate on it also?

dont push my luck then basically :biggrin:

MAM, axle weights are all legally enforceable.

For some unknown reason GTW or maximum towing limits are not.

Even odder is that the unbraked towing limit is enforceable. Whilst every driver can tow 750kg behind their vehicle for licencing regulations some vehicles have a lower unbraked limit as you are only allowed to tow 50% of your curb weight unbraked.