Which chainsaw

samtheman365

I would say middle of the range. I still use an old 038 . If I get offered a good 361 with 20" bar would be my next choice. Nothing expensive as it could get run over or crushed. Not to big and heavy as I leave it idleing while moving timber so less wasted fuel . Not too heavy as u need to use it all day.

I think if you go the processor route you need storage on concrete. a big processor and a good log deck and a forklift. But to cover all this you need a lot of business and as the recession deepens you will be competeing with the unemployed who on a monday morning have £300 in their pocket before they pick up an axe.:001_rolleyes:unfortunately

Hi there i have a makkita ds79cc the smallest bar i have is 16inch and the largest is a 24inch its a very powerfull saw and not heavy to work with ive had this one for 6years and its still going strong.i also have a makkita 52cc and a 34cc they are also superb saws.i wouldn't have a huski they were allright at one time but thease days i think there is to much plastic on them.makkita bought dolmar out a phew years ago which the dolmar has always been a very popular saw i have one a 52cc which i have had for over 15years i still use it as my backup saw.get on the internet you can get some good deals on makkita saws.good luck