Unofficial Ariel inspection?

simsimo

You would like to think so.

I saw a tree report this week that said out of 46 trees, 36 of them should be 'retained at their current size with regular cyclical pruning'.

Only ONE was deemed to require no action.

Thank God we are here. I can't imagine how those trees would cope without us.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

You would like to think so.

I saw a tree report this week that said out of 46 trees, 36 of them should be 'retained at their current size with regular cyclical pruning'.

Only ONE was deemed to require no action.

Thank God we are here. I can't imagine how those trees would cope without us.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Mortgage report on a shrinkable clay by any chance?

Thanks for the replies and advice. I was really hoping to avoid getting the PI insurance as it I thought it will most likely only be relevant for a couple of trees on this one job for the whole year. I can't charge any extra on this job so I'll be taking a few hundred £'s hit on the insurance.

By the sounds of it though it seems that PI insurance would be advisable in any instance even when just quoting for people who want some verbal 'advice' on their trees.

I think I've read before that £1m is the minimum recommended when doing surveys/inspections. Do you think for my purpose I can get away with less than that as the £500,000 is about half the yearly cost?

Cheers

Thanks for the replies and advice. I was really hoping to avoid getting the PI insurance as it I thought it will most likely only be relevant for a couple of trees on this one job for the whole year. I can't charge any extra on this job so I'll be taking a few hundred £'s hit on the insurance.

By the sounds of it though it seems that PI insurance would be advisable in any instance even when just quoting for people who want some verbal 'advice' on their trees.

I think I've read before that £1m is the minimum recommended when doing surveys/inspections. Do you think for my purpose I can get away with less than that as the £500,000 is about half the yearly cost?

Cheers

The cost of £500k insurance compared with £1M is not a lot less. £500k wouldn't cover the cost of a negligence fatality case. Many clients nowadays won't accept less tha £1m cover, the last tender I looked at, for BS5837 work, insisted on £2m.

As Mark Bolam suggests, no point in taking out cover if you don't have the qualifications. Don't get me wrong, brokers will take your money, but if you read the small print you won't be covered if you do work that you're not qualified to do. Bit like these lifejackets being made out of bubble wrap and flogged to Syrian emigrants to cross the med. It may look like a lifejacket, but it's a bit late to find out it's not one when you're drowning.

Edited by daltontrees