Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

Some of all of y'all need to spend a bit more time at the beach, yo. Toes are a turn-off to you people? 

I know a sailor who was only ever barefoot. He'd wear nothing on his feet all summer long, and when the time came he'd sail south until the butter melted. I think he owned one pair of shoes for weddings and such.

I'm actually designing a revolutionary type of footwear to allow greater connection to the earth at all times at the moment, they are basically crocs with the soles cut off.

• Haha 1

That just makes me feel queasy.

Socks should be worn at all times when not in the shower or under a duvet.

Even though the masseuse giggles at the sight of me naked apart from the skimpy little shorts provided along with my trusty socks.

"take them off" she says, "you be comfortable".

No thanks, I'm not here to be that intimate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

before the wife gets back from work

Anything can be done inside with the above.

Not a great crocs fan, I'll rarely wear socks in the house and garden unless garden work needs toe caps - the shed though, always footwear - too many splinters on the floor (wood, metal, glass, tile, screws, nails...) - brush as often as I like they jump back to place as soon as the back is turned. In the street I'll often go to Vibram 5 fingers - almost bare feet but with a sole. Probably freaking some of you out on a Sunday morning, sorry!

I could never understand some people dislike of feet.

Before I did trees I worked in an office environment in the Telecoms industry.  There were some proper old school, first in and last to leave types.

I walked in one day looking very dapper in my tailored suit, expensive tie and shirt combo and a pair of expensive, designer Patrick Cox sandals.  

(No socks, because I am not a god botherer or a fud) 

One of the old boys peered over his glasses, “what’s wrong with your feet?  Bit young for a case of Gout aren’t ya?”

I replied, “Fashion, Brendan.  It’s called fashion!”

🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Not a great crocs fan, I'll rarely wear socks in the house and garden unless garden work needs toe caps - the shed though, always footwear - too many splinters on the floor (wood, metal, glass, tile, screws, nails...) 

Steel-toed kitchen clogs are the best shed shoe. Comfortable enough to wear for 16 hour days, doesn't mind nails etc.

20240721_102354.thumb.jpg.f0c39b11ac1abaa1fa961f7bfa8c0f3d.jpg

With a lick of polish they shine up nicely too, at least in their younger days. 

• Like 1

so just a thought, my mind throwing in ideas, observations if you will,

"potus" anagramises as "pouts"

Why do adults pout?
Pouting is when we are having an internal pity party because we haven't gotten what we wanted, things haven't gone the way we'd hoped they might, we heard something we didn't want to hear or disagree with, or we have to work on something when we would rather be doing something else. So we pout.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, manco said:

so just a thought, my mind throwing in ideas, observations if you will,

"potus" anagramises as "pouts"

Why do adults pout?
Pouting is when we are having an internal pity party because we haven't gotten what we wanted, things haven't gone the way we'd hoped they might, we heard something we didn't want to hear or disagree with, or we have to work on something when we would rather be doing something else. So we pout.

Or a delusional bird who has had collagen lip implants.  

The pout is supposedly sexy.  So many pretty girls here in Norway desire that look.  

Yet they look like a ****************ing trout!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

That just makes me feel queasy.

Socks should be worn at all times when not in the shower or under a duvet.

Even though the masseuse giggles at the sight of me naked apart from the skimpy little shorts provided along with my trusty socks.

"take them off" she says, "you be comfortable".

No thanks, I'm not here to be that intimate!

What happens at the beach? Are you allowed to make an exception?

(I hope you don't dispel my vision of you in budgy smugglers and socks, complete with a knotted handkerchief on the head).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1