New Boy

JaySmith

Hi Guys,

I am currently looking to obtain my tickets and progress into a career in tree work. Once I have obtained the relevant qualifications does anybody know what the prospects in the Kent/Eseex/London area are like at the moment? I have experience using strimmers, mowers, general garden work etc but new to tree work and just concerned I may struggle to find work. Any advice/assistance much appreciated!

Cheers

Jay

Same as in other industries. We are in a reccession. If you are passionate and super keen. You will stand out and eventually make it. If you have nothing else to do, offer local firms "voluntary" work experience to learn the ropes (see what I did there haha ropes).

All the while you are learning you are making an impression. Jobs are available.

Same as in other industries. We are in a reccession. If you are passionate and super keen. You will stand out and eventually make it. If you have nothing else to do, offer local firms "voluntary" work experience to learn the ropes (see what I did there haha ropes).

All the while you are learning you are making an impression. Jobs are available.

Just what frank said...thats what i did.

Welcome to forum Jay..enjoy.

Welcome to the forum

My advice with the current climate, would be to get into to utility work, Either power line clearance or rail work as it will always NEED doing so more chance of getting a job as a newbie there at the moment (just my opinion) plus normally they will put you threw your tickets or add to the minimal tickets you may have/get.

Thanks Frank and cerneARB looks like a plan, anybody know of firms looking for people, or is it a case of going through Yell/Business Pages etc and giving them a bell?

would be a good start. Keep reading and posting on here and you will learn alot and maybe meet some people local to you. But majority of leg work has to come from you, show commitment, initiative and ring everyone. Someone will spot your enthusiasm and give you a leg-up.

Good luck mate.

Cheers Mozza - when you say Utility work is this normally subbed out to contractors as opposed to people directly employed by Netwrok Rail etc?

I am paying for the training out of my pocket so hopefully that you'll show some commitment etc and I'll get the leg up!

anybody know of firms looking for people, or is it a case of going through Yell/Business Pages etc and giving them a bell?

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but may be worth consideration.

Arb apprenticeship @ Epping Forest/Capel Manor

Branching Out Project (HLF) Bid

[email protected]

Cheers Mozza - when you say Utility work is this normally subbed out to contractors as opposed to people directly employed by Netwrok Rail etc?

I am paying for the training out of my pocket so hopefully that you'll show some commitment etc and I'll get the leg up!

Large national firms such as UPM Tillhill do electricity line clearance, not pretty work but paid and i believe includes putting you through your "tickets". although already having them will be good on the application form. and may result in immediate employment depending on current needs.

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but may be worth consideration.

Arb apprenticeship @ Epping Forest/Capel Manor

Branching Out Project (HLF) Bid

[email protected]

Cheers Monkeyd - I looked at Capel College on a previous post so will look into their site in more detail. I have also found a place nearby that does CS30, 31, 38 39 etc so could be a decent place to start?