First Aid Courses

Arran Turner

I have done my EFAW course but as a serving squaddy I have also done team medic course which deals with amputation and severe bleeds. I think the risk from injury by a saw should have a seperate course. I know it would mean more cost for employers and less working time for employees but I guess people would rather have a safe crew who can deal with situations than have a guy bleed out on a site.

FPOS imo is best if you haven't a clue. IMO it's worth being over qualified than under when it comes to first aid.

For someone who hasn't got a clue i don't think EFAW courses give you a great knowledge and more importantly, the confidence to use the needed skills!

If you just want your arse covered legaly do a one day EFAW course, If you actually want to be confident in what your doing and why your doing it do FPOS basic/Inter. Will give you a wide range of skills, scenarios.

:)

Edited by Dak
I have the typing skills of a hippo

Yes, we just did EFAW to be covered, but we have all done plenty of first aid courses over the years so this was just a refresher really.

Its was ok, but definatly arb specific, but in 18 years of tree work I have done more first aid on the side of the road than I ever have on a work site.

Its was ok, but definatly arb specific, but in 18 years of tree work I have done more first aid on the side of the road than I ever have on a work site.

Ditto to that,

Good advertising when you come across an RTC and all jump out the truck, look after the injured and do a better job of scene management than the police....

:001_tongue:

Joking aside..

Anything they don't cover and/or you forget to ask send me a pm, will fill you in mate.

Ditto to that,

Good advertising when you come across an RTC and all jump out the truck, look after the injured and do a better job of scene management than the police....

:001_tongue:

Joking aside..

Anything they don't cover and/or you forget to ask send me a pm, will fill you in mate.

thank you and will do, i am going to do the emergency first aid and see how it goes and when the time is right process onto the three day course,

thanks folks

arran

I hope this isn't breaking any rules - just trting to help.

I have my own tree business plus I am a qualified First Aid Instructor.

I would be willing to put together an EFAW with as much emphasis on the Arb side, or could an a day and cover more significant trauma and some climbing rescue practice

I'm in West Malling, Kent - could come to you or if anough takers in the SE, whereevers central, as long as we have some useable trees and an indoor training room.

pm me if interested

Chris