Km130...

Acg128

Mine was the same. I store it in a manner whereby it can slip onto its side amongst the other saws, fuel would leak out over the air filter etc. Stihl claim its a weak brass valve in the carb housing, had that replaced etc etc. Ran without the filter but only lasted half day before it became spluttering again.

I ended up drilling two 4mm holes in the exhaust (kind of porting) and it works a dream.

With all the emissions regs that manufacturers have to conform with, the engines after many times of use become clooged up inside me thinks.

I have used hp ultra in mine since the beginning so its probably less carbon through the system and consequent clogging up of exhaust etc.

Anyway, mine now is fine, if I don't use it for a week it gets bit boggy, but once old fuel has ran through the system and I top up it is ok.

When drilling the holes I had to make sure I drilled in a position that resembled the direction of the exhaust fumes emission from original exhaust.

My dolmar hedgecutter did the same, only when I drilled the 'release hole' as I call it, I did it so the fumes direct towards your arm, can get hot as a result. Although adjusting the position I hold it in to avoid hot fumes has stopped my tennis elbow from niggling.

Every cloud and all that.

Any road, waffle off now jaime

Thanks bud, the shelf it lives on it is not always left sitting as it should maybe I'll make sure it sits properly for a week and try it with the dry filter back in. Failing that you reckon replace that carb part and wack two holes in the exhaust.. I see what you mean with regards to fumes, atleast the elbows alright!

Mine was the same. I store it in a manner whereby it can slip onto its side amongst the other saws, fuel would leak out over the air filter etc. Stihl claim its a weak brass valve in the carb housing, had that replaced etc etc. Ran without the filter but only lasted half day before it became spluttering again.

I ended up drilling two 4mm holes in the exhaust (kind of porting) and it works a dream.

With all the emissions regs that manufacturers have to conform with, the engines after many times of use become clooged up inside me thinks.

I have used hp ultra in mine since the beginning so its probably less carbon through the system and consequent clogging up of exhaust etc.

Anyway, mine now is fine, if I don't use it for a week it gets bit boggy, but once old fuel has ran through the system and I top up it is ok.

When drilling the holes I had to make sure I drilled in a position that resembled the direction of the exhaust fumes emission from original exhaust.

My dolmar hedgecutter did the same, only when I drilled the 'release hole' as I call it, I did it so the fumes direct towards your arm, can get hot as a result. Although adjusting the position I hold it in to avoid hot fumes has stopped my tennis elbow from niggling.

Every cloud and all that.

Any road, waffle off now jaime

Might try that with ours. They really don't like slightly stale fuel. We had one that wouldn't idle well at all. Until it blew the spark plug out along with all its thread! New one is better. Use stihl hp ultra since day one on both. Drilling the hole may be an option to help it out.

I just wish I never got rid of my 2 hl75s for a km130 and the hl100

Got an "old faithfull" HL75 that had outlived two KM100's. Will never touch a 4-mix again. My Echo multi-tool seems to be a much better replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

My km130 was a nightmare to start and wouldn't tick over I took the air filter off and it was damp with fuel. Without the air filter it runs like a dream! Any ideas?! Cheers

its the tank vent letting by

common problem